• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Heaven Auction???

28 posts in this topic

Anyone gotten their results back from the Comic Heaven auction? (not me, not yet)

They said to call them if we had not heard by July 22, but seems like in years' past the turnaround has been quicker than this.

Anyone else been notified yet?

Thanks,

Zonker

Oddly enuf it was the exact top dollar amount I bid on the book........Cough, Bullsh**t, Cough.

J.D.

Glad ya got your notice, and were a winner. Maybe when I get home. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Yes, that's one "feature" of CH's snail-mail bidding. There is no concept of proxy bidding since the autioneer is the same person as the seller (John V.). Meaning, if you are high bidder, you get the book for the exact bid you placed. It matters not if the under-bidder bid 1 cent less or $100 less: the book is yours for your maximum bid! 893whatthe.gif

There are pros & cons. One con is clear from the above. Depending upon one's perspective, the fact that sniping is impossible can be either a pro or a con!

Has anyone received their books from Comic Heaven yet???

J.D.

JD, got mine Thursday. cloud9.gif

One of my winnings is a nice House of Mystery 174. I'll post a scan in Have a Cigar later this weekend.

(I sent my check in the last week in July if that is any help in gauging the expected turnaround time).

Cheers,

Z.

I got mine on Weds I think...it was the Wonder Woman #200 I posted for sale........was sold to me as a NM........I thought more like a 9.0 and then changed my mind to a 8.0-8.5 after blowing it up and then getting unmercifully bashed by half the forum....I really feel ripped off.....but, being a nice guy I turned the other cheek....I sent it as a bonus book to someone on the forum....you know...pay it forward [!@#%^&^].

J.D.