• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, who snagged the Tec 33 off eBay?

23 posts in this topic

I am in firm belief that this was a scam!!

When i asked about the book, he did supply large scans (front and back covers), but failed to answer any questions about restoration.

The second time I emailed him about the book, a day before bidding was to end, I brought to his attention that this book looked exactly (right down to white specs from the scanning glass) like the TEC 33 on Metro's site (see second TEC 33 down) :

http://www.metropoliscomics.com/bookSear...p;search=Search

he basically said someone else had mentioned this, but it was NOT the same book. I woke up the next morning and the book was pulled from ebay.

CLEARLY a scam. It was so obviously the same book as the Metro copy, I can't believe he would take the time to email me back to deny it.

Aren't you glad you didn't bid??

Nice Detective work Ryan!!!!

hail.gifhail.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

CLEARLY a scam. It was so obviously the same book as the Metro copy, I can't believe he would take the time to email me back to deny it.

Strangely enough but I have found that quite a few frauds on e-bay will, for reasons best left to them, engage in e-mail communications back and forth. Probably hoping that you'd become a "mark" in the future still.