• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Front and back covers scans of early DC silver, Gold, Dells, etc, to look at

8 posts in this topic

Many times the back covers are never seen on websites because of the added time and expense, especially for the less expensive books.

I have been posting a nice collection of early Silver Age DC this past week on my website and decided to scan all front and back covers, regardless of grade. It occured to me that it would be excellent information for all collectors to have access to.

I realize that some will jump "get down on me" for posting here but I think it is nice to know what some of these back covers look like. For many years most back covers have never been seen, unless you held them in person.

I will be doing this with every book that is listed on my website. It will take a few months to re-scan all of the books already listed (I am about 20% done with this project) but every new aquisition I list will always have both sides scanned.

So when you have the time, wonder on over to my website and take a look at some of these nice back covers. I know this won't impress many of you but some of the most interesting back covers are found in the Dells. Here you will find sports heroes, cartoon characters, and the early premium items.

PGC Mint

A better method would be to simply post the covers here on the boards and then discuss what makes them so cool. Read the Kelly cover thread on the Golden Age board and you'll see there are fans. I'd love to see the covers but why make this a promotion for your website.

A better technique might be

" check out this awesome back cover, if you are interested in seeing others, check out my profile where I have my website..."

Board ettiquette and you should know by now. This feels like spam.

Thanks for posting back covers. I believe that this should be industry standard when selling over the Internet.

I won't buy from eBay if the seller cannot provide a back cover scan. However, it can be very difficult to get a back cover scan from an Internet dealer, especially a 'busy' established firm.

Some dealers will claim they are too busy, it's a book on consignment so that it's too difficult, or that the grading by CGC should be enough. I applaud your efforts.

Thanks for posting back covers. I believe that this should be industry standard when selling over the Internet.

I won't buy from eBay if the seller cannot provide a back cover scan. However, it can be very difficult to get a back cover scan from an Internet dealer, especially a 'busy' established firm.

Some dealers will claim they are too busy, it's a book on consignment so that it's too difficult, or that the grading by CGC should be enough. I applaud your efforts.

I appreciate the encouraging letter.

Some will look at this as "spam", others as promoting my website but the only reason for this was so Board members could look at the back covers.

For so many years in this hobby the ability to provide back covers was near impossible because of costs. It still is for many dealers and also seems to be a nusance to some. But when you get a book with a wrong back cover it pays off to know what that cover should really look like.

For grading reasons too I agree with you.

Take care

Mark

A better method would be to simply post the covers here on the boards and then discuss what makes them so cool. Read the Kelly cover thread on the Golden Age board and you'll see there are fans. I'd love to see the covers but why make this a promotion for your website.

A better technique might be

" check out this awesome back cover, if you are interested in seeing others, check out my profile where I have my website..."

Board ettiquette and you should know by now. This feels like spam.

To all of the Board members in this Silver age forum: this posting was not an attempt to sell you books but is designed soley for the purpose of knowing where you can see some of these back covers. I have also made them all downloadable (is that a word?) so you can archive them.

I intend to keep providing back covers just for resource and am sharing this info with you.

Perhaps a thread could be created for this? Or can be continued right here.

Anyway, look at them if you want.

Mark