• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David Grubman on here

54 posts in this topic

Guys I couldn't believe it but I recieved the Avengers #4 in the mail today!!, about a month and half of stress is gone thanks guys for all the support and a huge apology to Mr. Grubman. This board has been more than helpful.

Call me anything you want, but i smell something fishy.... confused-smiley-013.gif

Jarren registered 1 month before the auction ended, the book happened to arrive the day after the post, Dave G. finds this site the day Jarren's post is made...the Av. #4 is now not restored....too many co-incidences...

Not being a plick, just playing devil's advocate here....

Anyone agree?

R.

Uh . . . yeah.

I'm kinda busy right now, but i would probably check and see if Dave G's name and address actually checks out:

442 silverlane,Oceanside ny 11572

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Guys I couldn't believe it but I recieved the Avengers #4 in the mail today!!, about a month and half of stress is gone thanks guys for all the support and a huge apology to Mr. Grubman. This board has been more than helpful.

Call me anything you want, but i smell something fishy.... confused-smiley-013.gif

Jarren registered 1 month before the auction ended, the book happened to arrive the day after the post, Dave G. finds this site the day Jarren's post is made...the Av. #4 is now not restored....too many co-incidences...

Anyone agree?

R.

Yep, it's a farcical load of drivel. Very funny though.

Yah think poke2.gif

insane.gif

Just making sure. I was going to offer to buy his TOS #39,X men #1, FF #1, Hulk #1, DD #1 and any other cheapies he may have left over. tongue.gif

his address is correct

I live in florida he sent it priority mail.

Guys this was no joke I am a trustworthy guy just ask

anybody who has done business with me, why would I make this up?

I am overjoyed that it showed up today and anybody who has been scammed

knows what I was feeling before an hour ago. I feel to make a post about this

was neccessary The poster may or may not be David Grubman but his address was correct.

I'm new to these boards and my first post I made here showed that I was susceptable to scams as I didn't know what grading was at the time. I bought this comic still naive but had a some money to spend at the time. If the board moderators can confirm that I have nothing to do with this other guy this topic can come to a closure

Anyone agree?

R.

Jarren is one of the good guys Roy. I can say that i have done a $500+ deal with him and had no problems whatsoever. Easy to deal with, quick comms and his feedback is great too.

Anyone agree?

R.

Jarren is one of the good guys Roy. I can say that i have done a $500+ deal with him and had no problems whatsoever. Easy to deal with, quick comms and his feedback is great too.

Matt, that is why i looked for more facts. Thanks! I'd still like to know if DG is the real thing or not.

R.

I am overjoyed that it showed up today and anybody who has been scammed

knows what I was feeling before an hour ago.

Glad it worked out for you, Jarren. thumbsup2.gif Can you post scans of the book in the "Hey buddy, can you spare a grade" forum? Most of us thought the initial auction looked rather suspicious, so it would be very interesting to get a closer look at the book you received, especially with respect to the restoration question...

I'd still be ticked if it wasn't the same comic as the picture....there's a guy in Florida that doesn't even send out the books....Allen Shevy.....that I still hold a grudge with.....consider yourself lucky, but I'd still be upset.

Anyone agree?

R.

i have also bought from jarren and he is a super honest seller. no scam here!

Anyone agree?

R.

i have also bought from jarren and he is a super honest seller. no scam here!

Thanks flowerred.gif

This is why I buy fewer books off of ebay. Jarren, sorry that someone ruined what should have been a very "key" day in your collecting career. I am reasonably sure everyone was burned at one time or another by a seller that did not correctly advertise their products, some out of ignorance but this guy seems to have known full well what he was doing. If it were me I would go after him not only through e-bay, but if you were smart enough to pay (did not have time to read the whole thread) via credit card you should have additional protection there as well.