• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post some of your favorite Neal Adams SA covers...

37 posts in this topic

Thanks for sharing those. I remember reading some of the Batman issues when reprinted in the Treasury Size "Batman's Strangest Cases". Adams was amazing for his time and I tried to mimic his and Wrightson's styles when I was younger with my drawings.

I think classifying some of the Adams' covers as BA or SA can be a bit tricky (as evidenced from a few of the covers already shown). Is this Phantom Stranger #4 considered BA or SA? And is Detective #394 considered the last SA issue with #395 introducing the new darker Batman/Detective Comics to the BA??

ps4.jpg

tec394.jpg

I think classifying some of the Adams' covers as BA or SA can be a bit tricky (as evidenced from a few of the covers already shown). Is this Phantom Stranger #4 considered BA or SA? And is Detective #394 considered the last SA issue with #395 introducing the new darker Batman/Detective Comics to the BA??

Does it really even matter? I just figured this was a thread to show off some cool Adams covers. confused-smiley-013.gif

Does it really even matter? I just figured this was a thread to show off some cool Adams covers.

Not really. Was just trying to get a gauge of some Adams' covers from the Silver Age that were thought of in as high regard as most of his better known Bronze Age covers. I was also interested to see when collector's feel Adams SA covers conclude and his BA issues begin for various titles. You definitely posted some great books. thumbsup2.gif