• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think I got burned. Please help!

44 posts in this topic

Despite my better judgement, I decided to shell out (for me at least) some major cash to get a comic that's been one of my grails for many years: Amazing Mysteries #32. It has one of my all time favorite covers and hardly ever comes up for auction. Here it is:

amazingmysteries032.jpg

(FYI: This is not the auction photo of the one I won.)

There was a fairly fierce bidding war which I think some fellow board members took part in, but some things set off warning alarms for me: 3 of the bidders had low feedback scores (shills?), and the seller only had a feedback of 7, but it was 100% positive.

HERE'S A LINK TO THE AUCTION.

I decided to go for it anyway. The seller sent me an e-mail the next day:

your book has been shipped tracking # 03043490000252901776 THANKYOU

I tried tracking it at the UPS web site and it said the tracking number doesn't exist.

Uh oh.

Then I noticed his feedback in the last few days: 2 negs and a neutral, and he's not registered with eBay anymore. Plus, one of the feedbacks states the buyer never received the book and had to file a claim with eBay.

It's been 10 days, which is not a long time, but all this makes me very nervous. Besides, if it was sent UPS, it should have gotten it by now.

I just wrote the seller asking what gives right before I made this post.

How much longer should I wait before making a fraud claim to eBay?

If you enter the tracking number into USPS instead of UPS you get this

We attempted to deliver your item at 10:45 am on September 25, 2006 in LOS ANGELES, CA 90034 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

We attempted to deliver your item at 10:45 am on September 25, 2006 in LOS ANGELES, CA 90034 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

is that you...

go get the package...?

foreheadslap.gif

I got the same info when I tried. Call your local post office....

Cross verification complete... gossip.gif

Never got the notice. Going to the post office now with my fingers crossed. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Never got the notice. Going to the post office now with my fingers crossed. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

That has happened to me before. I get so many of those notices since I am never home that the USPS tracking numbers start to stand out compared to UPS/Fed Ex foreheadslap.gif

What are you waiting for? See if it is the book. After that check to make sure it is in the condition listed. This guy could have mailed out a Rom #1 just to throw you off track for a week or so. If it is not the book or it is in a lower grade then I would immediately contact ebay and open a dispute. If you paid through a credit card I would also call the credit card company and put a stop on the payment.

first off, the auction clearly states

US Postal Service Parcel Post®

secondly, anyone who has ever shipped anything via UPS knows that isn't a UPS tracking number.

geez, i swear

tonofbricks.gif