• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sub-Mariner Comics #36 CGC 7.0 For Sale

56 posts in this topic

So are they going to crack the case and sell it s a VF+ again?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Is this really that funny.... confused-smiley-013.gif

And I believe it was a VF+ 8.8 if memory serves makepoint.gif

You ever buy a raw book from someone, receive it, open it up and find the micro paper inside the book and wonder

893scratchchin-thumb.gif if someone cracked it open and now is selling it raw in a higher grade 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

and NO, its not funny.

I put micro chamber paper in some of my books...that were never slabbed.

gossip.gif

I do too.

Well they ignored my email prior to me listing it as I just wanted to discuss the grading on the book (not ask for a refund). I guess that is how they choose to operate with loyal customers. I'm kind of lost for words right now.

I would have tried calling instead. Vincent and Stephen aren't always on the same page. I once wanted to sell some books and Vincent emailed me back stating they could only consign them. A few days later Stephen found the email and contacted me and offered to put a check in the mail that day to buy them out right.

How much was it on Metro's website?

$1000 and SS just sold it back to him for $600.

893whatthe.gif

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

i didn't know Peter paid that much...I'm almost embarrased at the offer I sent him in hindsight. sorry.gif

Youi know you're just a cheaparse. Admit it. poke2.gif

There might be some truth to that. flamed.gif

This topic should be linked to comics general so everyone knows what these guys have done screwy.gif

Everytime I've thought about buying something from Metro, I read something like this and it makes me think twice.

Hope something can be worked out, Peter. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif