• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Sale: Fantastic Four #1 CGC'd !!

67 posts in this topic

Definitely all valid opinions and I've thought every angle and scenario out myself. I've covered all these thoughts myself. Here's some better hi-res scans of the book itself. The others that I first posted look a little too grainy like an eBay scammer 27_laughing.gif

Collin, you're spot on.. I am being aggressive and it's for the simple fact that it's not a required sale. But every man has his price, as much as I've enjoyed the book. I can be bougthen too. 27_laughing.gif

FF1Front.jpg

FF2Back.jpg

Paul, it's a real sweet book. Hope you won't regret selling that one wink.gif

OK Gang.. The book is now in the process of being listed on Doug and Mark's site. I've set the price tag at $6500.00 893whatthe.gif You're probably wondering why!?!? It's simple, there's no mystery to it. I'm going to compensate for the commission paid and haggle room. This is not rocket science. thumbsup2.gif

FF1 Successfully Posted on EsquireComics.com!!! thumbsup2.gif

So if the FF#1 in question has enough of these positive variables, it will likely, at best, sell at the high end of the range of reported CGC Mod (P) 8.0 because FF#1 is a common, oft-traded book. To think that you'll get much more is really a pipe dream, unless the general perception of this book changes significantly from what it is now.

Uhh.... yeah. yeahok.gif

OK Gang.. The book is now in the process of being listed on Doug and Mark's site. I've set the price tag at $6500.00 893whatthe.gif You're probably wondering why!?!? It's simple, there's no mystery to it. I'm going to compensate for the commission paid and haggle room. This is not rocket science. thumbsup2.gif

now you're spamming your site in WTB forum, you know better Mark. foreheadslap.gif

That is 1 Fantastic price 4 a book that most people will never see in this condition! poke2.gif

Seriously...no trimming, moderate pro resto...If i was an FF collector I'd be all over this like a fly on [embarrassing lack of self control]

At that price that book should fly...considering an unrestored will cost you over $20,000. I know it goes against GP but i would pay over GP if i was a FF fan for this book.

cloud9.gif

R.

I was thinking the same thing.

That book might be restored, but it was nice to start with.

Best of luck selling it.

Ze-

I think Mark is entitled to once in a while for a lot of the nice things he's done for forum members. ie. zero commission offer a few weeks ago...wish I had my FF graded at that time. 27_laughing.gif

I think Mark is entitled to once in a while for a lot of the nice things he's done for forum members. ie. zero commission offer a few weeks ago...wish I had my FF graded at that time. 27_laughing.gif

Wow . . . talk about burying the "restored" aspect of the grade. I had to read the ad 3 times to find where it is first affirmatively mentioned that the book IS restored . . . yeahok.gif

Mark, no offense, but might I suggest Line 1, GRADE: CGC RESTORED GRADE 8.0 smirk.gif

now you're spamming your site in WTB forum, you know better Mark. foreheadslap.gif

Seriously? 893whatthe.gif What insufficiently_thoughtful_person would buy the book from me after Dad said what his price is and that he is raising it to cover the commission on my site and Doug's? screwy.gif

If someone wants to do so, I'll report myself to the moderators! makepoint.gif

Wow . . . talk about burying the "restored" aspect of the grade. I had to read the ad 3 times to find where it is first affirmatively mentioned that the book IS restored . . . yeahok.gif

Mark, no offense, but might I suggest Line 1, GRADE: CGC RESTORED GRADE 8.0 smirk.gif

You're kidding, right? confused-smiley-013.gif Did you have your glasses on when you read the text?

[bEGIN TEXT]

If you were salivating over the CGC 8.0 unrestored copy of Fantastic Four #1 and were sticker shocked at the price tage of $27,750, then this book may be the next best thing!!!! I am pleased to offer a CGC 8.0 Moderate Professional restored copy at a much more affordable price!

Restoration includes: color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cover cleaned.

This is one of the holy grails of the Silver Age, and predominantly responsible for the revival of Marvel Comics and superheros. This beauty is ranked third amongst Silver Age titles by Overstreet.

Prices vary widely on this book. It is very uncommon, perhaps one can say scarce, in high grade (restored or unrestored) and it is not often to see one on the market.

Overstreet 2006 Guide: GD 2.0 = $950; VG 4.0 = $1,900; FN 6.0 = $2,850; VF 8.0 = $9,700; VF/NM 9.0 = $22,850; NM- 9.2 = $36,000.

Note: This book is on consignment to EsquireComics.com.

[END TEXT]

That said, I have long thought of having a separate tag line to more prominently note that a book is restored rather than simply have it within the text. I will ask my web guy to see what can be done.

You're kidding, right? confused-smiley-013.gif Did you have your glasses on when you read the text?

[bEGIN TEXT]

If you were salivating over the CGC 8.0 unrestored copy of Fantastic Four #1 and were sticker shocked at the price tage of $27,750, then this book may be the next best thing!!!! I am pleased to offer a CGC 8.0 Moderate Professional restored copy at a much more affordable price!

This is one of the holy grails of the Silver Age, and predominantly responsible for the revival of Marvel Comics and superheros. This beauty is ranked third amongst Silver Age titles by Overstreet.

Prices vary widely on this book. It is very uncommon, perhaps one can say scarce, in high grade (restored or unrestored) and it is not often to see one on the market.

Overstreet 2006 Guide: GD 2.0 = $950; VG 4.0 = $1,900; FN 6.0 = $2,850; VF 8.0 = $9,700; VF/NM 9.0 = $22,850; NM- 9.2 = $36,000.

[END TEXT]

That said, I have long thought of having a separate tag line to more prominently note that a book is restored rather than simply have it within the text. I will ask my web guy to see what can be done.

No, not really. It actually reads like this:

Fantastic Four #1

Send Email to Purchase this Comic

Issue Date: November 1961

Publisher: Marvel Comics

Era/Age:: Silver

Grade: 8.0/VF

Grade Service: CGC ID#0140951001

Page Condition: Off-White to White

Check Current CGC Census

Price: $6,500

Description: If you were salivating over the CGC 8.0 unrestored copy of Fantastic Four #1 and were sticker shocked at the price tage of $27,750, then this book may be the next best thing!!!! I am pleased to offer a CGC 8.0 Moderate Professional restored copy at a much more affordable price!

RESTORATION includes: color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cover cleaned.

This is one of the holy grails of the Silver Age, and predominantly responsible for the revival of Marvel Comics and superheros. This beauty is ranked third amongst Silver Age titles by the Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide.

You forget the power of suggestion runs amok. grin.gif . . . and nice edit btw.

gossip.gif In journalism, I think it's called "burying the lead" . . . In marketing, . . .

Seriously? 893whatthe.gif What insufficiently_thoughtful_person would buy the book from me after Dad said what his price is and that he is raising it to cover the commission on my site and Doug's? screwy.gif

Hey now... 893naughty-thumb.gif It's reverse psychology marketing. I've plainly laid out my plan as it's to leave ALOT of wiggle room. I'm not worried about the commission to you or Doug. In this industry it's a given that people haggle. Prices are never hammered in stone. And if a book has a "price guide value" of $9,700 but someone is selling it for $20M plus, why am I ridiculous in my asking price?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey now... 893naughty-thumb.gif It's reverse psychology marketing. I've plainly laid out my plan as it's to leave ALOT of wiggle room. I'm not worried about the commission to you or Doug. In this industry it's a given that people haggle. Prices are never hammered in stone. And if a book has a "price guide value" of $9,700 but someone is selling it for $20M plus, why am I ridiculous in my asking price?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I should have clarified that I was referring to a potential insufficiently_thoughtful_person who had read your thread (i.e., they see you are selling it so why would they come to me to pay a higher price, i.e., I wasn't plugging my site), not that it would be idiotic to pay either price.

And I usually raise my prices in my ebay store to cover their commission. It is not a dealer/collector thing. It is the reasonable thing to do.

[bEGIN TEXT]

[END TEXT]

No, not really. It actually reads like this:

Fantastic Four #1

Send Email to Purchase this Comic

Issue Date: November 1961

Publisher: Marvel Comics

Era/Age:: Silver

Grade: 8.0/VF

Grade Service: CGC ID#0140951001

Page Condition: Off-White to White

Check Current CGC Census

Price: $6,500

Description: If you were salivating over the CGC 8.0 unrestored copy of Fantastic Four #1 and were sticker shocked at the price tage of $27,750, then this book may be the next best thing!!!! I am pleased to offer a CGC 8.0 Moderate Professional restored copy at a much more affordable price!

RESTORATION includes: color touch, pieces added, tear seals, cover cleaned.

This is one of the holy grails of the Silver Age, and predominantly responsible for the revival of Marvel Comics and superheros. This beauty is ranked third amongst Silver Age titles by the Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide.

You forget the power of suggestion runs amok. grin.gif . . . and nice edit btw.

gossip.gif In journalism, I think it's called "burying the lead" . . . In marketing, . . .

You are giving me way too much credit. And I think you still need glasses! gossip.gifpoke2.gif