• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arthur Suydam

22 posts in this topic

Alright, I feel I need to chime in here just a bit on the subject of the split with Arthur and Renee. I should mention that I know Renee, she is a friend of mine, and we are in regular contact with each other.

There is a lot of heresay and mudslinging going on about this situation. I know Renee to be a woman of great strength, integrity and drive. She has done a lot for Arthur in the last several years, and their relationship, both professionally and personally, was something really great to behold.

I can honestly say that Suydam was off my radar for many years before Renee came along, I didnt even know if he was still doing comics or anything, and he was in recent times making a big comeback into the comics world, like with Marvel Zombies. Renee was the driving force behind that. I know how hard she works in all things she does, and she was never so tireless as she was in her promotion of Arthur. She was always professional, and would always look out for Arthur's best interests. I wish I had someone, anyone, who would work as hard on my behalf as she did for him.

I just felt that I should speak up for her about this, as I respect her very much and she certainly doesnt deserve to be trashed out in some of these self-indulgent, petty message boards.

I think the best way to put this to rest is to say that many people were not happy with having to purchase something they did not want to get a book signed as has been stated many times. Many people pay addmission (which is hefty at plenty of shows) and purchase someone's book and are simply looking for a signature on the book et al. The norm in 99% of all conventions is the creator does not charge for a signature, unless the money is going to a charity.

It is unfortunate that there is a split professionslly between the two and I can only hope the best for both in whatever endeavors they choose to do. The split was made public by both parties, and in this day and age of message boards and blogs, people are going to chime in with their opinion.

Businesses need feedback and often it is by word of mouth. Change can't and will not occur unless word of mouth and feedback are accepted.

Again, nothing personal against Renee or Arthur, but they were the face of their business endeavor and as such are open to feedback both good and bad.

Best of luck to both!