• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM FF 12

25 posts in this topic

I'm pulling out some tweeners to see what folks think.

Note: Those are not chips on the top edge. Slight indentations and I think the scanner cast a shadow making it look like a chip. One nickel sized water drop mark on front cover and one on back cover... can only be seen by looking at cover at an angle. No waviness.

Ok.. let the arrows fly. grin.gif

FF12.jpg

FF12back.jpg

Yes... i am seriously thinking of upping all my home grading .5 to a whole point...

wink.gif

In my experience, midgrade books are always the toughest to grade because you have to weigh the relevance and degree of a number of defects.

Here's a 4.5. Worn spine, foxing, light soiling, soft corners, chipping and dirty staples:

FF124.jpg

And here's a 6.5.

FF126.jpg

I think most would agree that my book is much closer to the 6.5 than the 4.5. Personally, I had mine at 6.0 with a slight chance at 6.5. 5.5 would be the absolute lowest in my estimation, but that's why I like to post here... to audit my grading occasionally.

hi.gif

5.5, although it appears those indentations probably effect all of the pages.

Nope. There are a two tiny nicks in the overhang where the coverstock is bent down enough to create a shadow when I scan it. Does not affect interior pages.

Yes... i am seriously thinking of upping all my home grading .5 to a whole point...

wink.gif

In my experience, midgrade books are always the toughest to grade because you have to weigh the relevance and degree of a number of defects.

Here's a 4.5. Worn spine, foxing, light soiling, soft corners, chipping and dirty staples:

FF124.jpg

And here's a 6.5.

FF126.jpg

I think most would agree that my book is much closer to the 6.5 than the 4.5. Personally, I had mine at 6.0 with a slight chance at 6.5. 5.5 would be the absolute lowest in my estimation, but that's why I like to post here... to audit my grading occasionally.

hi.gif

Thanks for the help Zipper68

While i agree with what you say, and what you showed me...

I would NOT (in my grading world... which clearly is wrong) grade the lower of the 2 CGC books as a VG+ 4.5

It looks more like a 3.5 to me...

Again... i need to bump my grade a point it really looks to be the case...

which might be ok, just have to overcompensate for my overly-critical self!!

wink.gif

I would NOT (in my grading world... which clearly is wrong) grade the lower of the 2 CGC books as a VG+ 4.5

It looks more like a 3.5 to me...

Agreed. I hate chipping and foxing, but CGC does not deduct heavily for those flaws at this grade level. If it was mine, I'd call it a 4.0 most likely.

hi.gif

You guys are on crack. That's an easy 5.5 all day. 99% of dealers would have that at 6.0 or better, and 99% of buyers would be satisfied with the book at that grade.

Really sharp copy there. Nice cover whites!

You guys are on crack. That's an easy 5.5 all day. 99% of dealers would have that at 6.0 or better, and 99% of buyers would be satisfied with the book at that grade.

I would agree

5.5 to 6.0 copy

Well said sumo.gif