• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

heritage signature auction is up!

102 posts in this topic

Just starting bidding on a few books last night.

I'm pretty much going to limit myself to bidding on only the books that I really would want, as opposed to bidding on a ton of stuff, and hoping to get some bargains. I don't think that is going to happen, but every once in a while a Pre-Code Horror or Golden Age book will sell below for what I would have paid for it.

This auction should give a good idea where the comic market is going over the next six months. If most of the nice books go for no more than in last years auctions, then I can see a downhill trend for a while. Of course, if you want to buy, that would be a good thing.

Watchlist? I don't need no stinkin' watchlist! I'm high bidder on $47K worth of stuff now, and will break the $200K barrier today. grin.gif

if you are really serious, are you planning on spending that much? or hoping/expecting to get outbid and end up with just a few serious wants...?

Watchlist? I don't need no stinkin' watchlist! I'm high bidder on $47K worth of stuff now, and will break the $200K barrier today. grin.gif

if you are really serious, are you planning on spending that much? or hoping/expecting to get outbid and end up with just a few serious wants...?

Don't worry...when the Heritage "bump" happens, he will probably be high bidder of a few thousand $$s worth of books! insane.gif

thats still pretty bold to bid that much! especially if not expecting to win. it inflates the prices for the rest of us too...

SInce the dealers gang up to keep auction prices down, so should we collectors!

what do you mean by the Heritage bunp? you mean the Heritage employee bump-up of low bid items?

Roughly 2-3 days before the auction ends, the bids are bumped up to just below the reserve levels. And keep in mind that the consignors can bid on their own items!

Have we determined whether or not this actually happens on the signature auctions? I don't recall one in the past Signature auction, however, the prices on the books I was looking at weren't all that low in the first place so maybe the bump was small on the books I was looking at..

Brian

Actually, Heritage does NOT knowingly permit consignors to bid on their own lots, and in fact such permission has never been our policy. Consignors may place reserve bids in advance of the auction (as is the case with virtually all auctioneers), but may not place reserve bids on their own lots during the live session. Our terms have recently been rewritten for clarity. A lot of people seem to have the same misunderstanding, so the confusion is almost certainly our fault, and we apologize for that.

Here is the new language:

Notice of the consignor's liberty to place reserve bids on his lots in the auction is hereby made in accordance with Article 2 of the Texas Uniform Commercial Code. A reserve is an amount below which the lot will not sell. THE CONSIGNOR OF PROPERTY MAY PLACE WRITTEN RESERVE BIDS ON HIS LOTS IN ADVANCE OF THE AUCTION. ON LOTS SUBJECT TO A RESERVE, IF THE LOT DOES NOT MEET THE RESERVE THE CONSIGNOR MAY PAY A REDUCED COMMISSION ON THOSE LOTS. Reserves are generally posted online about 72 hours prior to the auction closing. IF THERE IS AN UNMET RESERVE BID POSTED ON A LOT, THE CURRENT BID DISPLAYED ONLINE WILL GENERALLY BE ONE INCREMENT BELOW THE RESERVE BID. The Auctioneer will not knowingly accept (and reserves the right to reject) live telephone or floor bids from consignors. Any successful bid placed by a consignor on his consigned lot on the auction floor or by telephone during the live session will be considered an unqualified bid, and in such instances the consignor agrees to pay full Buyer's Premium and Seller's Commissions on the lot(s).

James L. Halperin

Co-Chairman

Heritage Galleries

World's Largest Collectibles Auctioneer

100 Highland Park Village, Suite 200

Dallas, Texas 75205

Phone 214-528-3500/800-USCOINS(872-6467)

Direct fax 214-520-7108

mailto:Jim@HeritageCoin.com

===

Are you missing the best deals?

Join http://www.HeritageCoin.com and

http://www.HeritageComics.com today.

Take our collector survey: http://HeritageGalleries.com

IF THERE IS AN UNMET RESERVE BID POSTED ON A LOT, THE CURRENT BID DISPLAYED ONLINE WILL GENERALLY BE ONE INCREMENT BELOW THE RESERVE BID.

So does this mean that if near the last minutes of the internet bidding, I bid, I am guaranteed to at least meet the reserve?

Example: I bid $200 and I am the high bidder. Now say the reserve is $250. So before internet bidding stops, Heritage will bump up the price to $240. Thereby making the next bid $250 and able to meet reserve?

If that's the case, that's good and bad.

It's good because at least you know what the reserve is and can get books you really want.

It's bad because if you do buy a book, you think that at least there was someone else who would have bought that book one bid increment below you. But in reality, no one else might have paid more than $100 for the book. In other words, you could significantly over pay for a book, and really have no idea how much others would pay.

Well that's the way it goes. Either way, not going to stop me from bidding (which I'm already winning over $13K).

cloud9.gif

Got my catalog today. Also, got the Overstreet Comic Price Review. The catalog beats the OPR "hands down". Still looking through the catalog. Stuck the OPR back in the "FAN" package it came in and stuck it in a drawer. The catalog gives me much more information than the OPR, and it was FREE!!!!!