• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Monsters - Best copies of Pre-Hero JIM, Hulk #4, Bronze too - all on ebay

6 posts in this topic

What a friggen beautiful copy hail.gifcloud9.gif

a5_12_sb.JPG

But unfortunately, it was bought from you know who! makepoint.gif

Why do you say that.....

Who had it slabbed by PGX ?

The current owner or someone prior?

PM me thanks....and by the way, sweet looking book.

Hi

I did not list this book on the boards because it is not graded by CGC.

As for the history, I purchaced it about a year and a half ago already graded. It was the best copy of this issue that I could find and so i purchaced it. I have never seen a nicer copy of this issue in the past 35 years, and I used to own the entire White Mountain pre-hero collection. So In or out of the holder it is a beautiful book. I am just selling all my Monster books and this is part of my inventory.

I never meant for this book to get CGC Board attention as I realize it is a conflict of interests.

So enough about this book. Let's talk about the other books I have up that are CGC graded.

The two Journey Into Mystery books are really nice and very rare above the Fine grade. When I 1st saw these I knew they would be top Census books. The Hulk #4 is much nicer than the grade states, as this would be anyone's NM a few years ago. CGC is tough but it is for the best, as it gives credibility to the term "NM". I say this because I just received a group of "NM" books from ebay this past weeek and I would have a difficult time grading them FN to F/VF, which is typical.

Which is why I buy about 99% of my books already CGC graded.

Any questions? I will be glad to answer.