• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HISTORY CHANNEL SPECIAL ON COMICS TONIGHT 9PM!!!!!!

91 posts in this topic

I'm throwin' a tape in the vcr right now. smile.gif

VCR? VCR? Hello...Tivo? 1988 called, and they want their recording device back. 27_laughing.gif

893Funny-thumb.gif

I can't believe in 2003 people who frequently watch TV still have to insert plastic tape things into an electronic box, and occasionally adjust "tracking"...how crude!

I don't fequently watch TV........so my VCR and DVD player work just fine.......and Tivo's are for tulips. insane.gif

You're just bitter you don't have a Tivo. And, GREGGY was FIRST to 10,000! All that posting in the test forum for nuthin'!

I'm not a tulip.......so I have no need for a Tivo.......and postin' in the test forum wasn't for nuthin'........I'm the numer one poster right now. 27_laughing.gif

I give it an unqualified 5 stars. Superbly done. Loved the great special effects where they animated portions of the many comic pages they showed. Great interviews with some of the biggest creative forces in the industry (Miller, Steranko, Gaiman, O'Neil, Quesada, Lee, etc.)

Gene

and Tivo's are for tulips.

Well stick me in manure and drizzle me with water! I have the highest end Mitsubishi S-VHS vcr with flying erase heads. I hardly use it anymore. Tivo is the way to go. I had this program setup to record two weeks ago! When I first got Tivo I was interested in what it could so. but no way was I prepared for the totally radical way it changed how I deal with television. Actually, about 95% of what I watch from cable is recorded to Tivo first. Get Tivo. Give it about 2 - 4 weeks. The concept of watching non-Tivoized television will be anathema to you.

I give it an unqualified 5 stars. Superbly done. Loved the great special effects where they animated portions of the many comic pages they showed. Great interviews with some of the biggest creative forces in the industry (Miller, Steranko, Gaiman, O'Neil, Quesada, Lee, etc.)

Gene

What's interesting too is who they DIDN'T get - no Neal Adams, for example. I love Stan Lee more and more every day. He's so full of [!@#%^&^] his eyes are brown, but he's just tremendous.

What's interesting too is who they DIDN'T get - no Neal Adams, for example. I love Stan Lee more and more every day. He's so full of [!@#%^&^] his eyes are brown, but he's just tremendous.

adams was metioned along with the great Denny ONeill. and adams was credited with the DC/siegel/shuster "coming together."

I knew no Alan Moore, but was really pleasantly surprised by the appearance of Neil Gaiman... it was greating hearing from him.

I think I need to buy the Watchmen run....and read it.... crazy.gif

I knew no Alan Moore, but was really pleasantly surprised by the appearance of Neil Gaiman... it was greating hearing from him.

I think I need to buy the Watchmen run....and read it.... crazy.gif

watchmen is a fantastic read...i remember buyin em each time they came out.....great stuff!