• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FEAR OF POSTING

79 posts in this topic

As the-BRAIN would say.... [the_Brain]

Please and thank you for posting is this semi-current yet oft traversed forum

It is truly a delight hi.gif and heretofore appreciated gesture of moderately good will.

........... 893whatthe.gif Where was I going with this. It's 70 degrees outside.

Yet not without oddly crafted though still come-hither phrases are poured into sentences which aren't oft seen together.

Tis the shining example of the_BRAIN in small doses as to not overwhelm the whelpiest amongst us.

stooges.gif . gossip.gif . devil.gif . 893crossfingers-thumb.gif . insane.gif . sorry.gif . thumbsup2.gif . flamed.gif

SAY IT LOUD. I POST AND I'M PROUD within reason. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif [/the_Brain]

It is truly a delight hi.gif and heretofore appreciated gesture of moderately good will.

........... 893whatthe.gif Where was I going with this. It's 70 degrees outside.

Yet not without oddly crafted though still come-hither phrases are poured into sentences which aren't oft seen together.

Tis the shining example of the_BRAIN in small doses as to not overwhelm the whelpiest amongst us.

stooges.gif . gossip.gif . devil.gif . 893crossfingers-thumb.gif . insane.gif . sorry.gif . thumbsup2.gif . flamed.gif

SAY IT LOUD. I POST AND I'M PROUD within reason. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif [/the_Brain]

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif

So now we see what can happen when you post. People will point out spelling. Complain about content, style,

even just being here. But that is the nature of these forums. Will I stop posting??? NO!!! Are my feelings

hurt??? NO!!!! Do I think badly of the people that have answered me here??....... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifNO!!!!

WHY??!!? Because the longer I stay a member. The more I enter-act. The more I share. The more I post.

The more I know about my fellow forum members. The one thing that rings clear, is we are all just a big

group of Comic Book Geeks, just killing time, bagging on each other, trying to share the love we have for

this oh so strange hobbie. So yea, I could run and hide. I could stop posting. I could be hurt by what has

been said. But I know that all of this is just our way of having fun.

gossip.gifNow tonofbricks.gif..... boo.gifflamed.gif.... stooges.gif....... makepoint.gif..... 893blahblah.gif all you

want, I CAN TAKE IT!!!!

You butters shill?

So now we see what can happen when you post. People will point out spelling. Complain about content, style,

even just being here. But that is the nature of these forums. Will I stop posting??? NO!!! Are my feelings

hurt??? NO!!!! Do I think badly of the people that have answered me here??....... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifNO!!!!

WHY??!!? Because the longer I stay a member. The more I enter-act. The more I share. The more I post.

The more I know about my fellow forum members. The one thing that rings clear, is we are all just a big

group of Comic Book Geeks, just killing time, bagging on each other, trying to share the love we have for

this oh so strange hobbie. So yea, I could run and hide. I could stop posting. I could be hurt by what has

been said. But I know that all of this is just our way of having fun.

gossip.gifNow tonofbricks.gif..... boo.gifflamed.gif.... stooges.gif....... makepoint.gif..... 893blahblah.gif all you

want, I CAN TAKE IT!!!!

You butters shill?

I have a SHILL?>????? insane.gif

PARODY: This is WAY to close to the truth there Mica, but fitting of this thread. It tells me

that you know my style of writting when you see it, and that I still need to improve.... headbang.gifyay.gif

I applaud Brain for trying to identify why Comics General has devolved into the barren tumbleweed landscape it has become.

Several years ago this place was a hotbed of activity, all the usual suspects were here in droves talking, fighting, sharing information and personal experiences that covered a myriad of topics. It was all new. But that was years ago. People can only have the same conversation so many times before losing interest. The large core group of members who went through that period are still here, they still read, but dont post as much. Mainly because it is all a rehash of previously discussed topics.The core group of people who were here years ago where hardcore collectors. We as hobbiests are a finite group, sure new people learn of this place and join, and that is always good. But the people who knew of CGC came here years ago for the most part.

Once in awhile you see a thread that brings out all the longtimers, most times(if not always) it has to do with a serious topic. That is where they are in the hobby, they are passed the everyday stuff, and wait for a topic that has real meat before chiming in, if at all. They know if they open up their yap hole people will dissect what they say. So unless it really serves their purpose , or is a topic they really feel strongly about.

They just sit, and read.

I have touched upon the issue of why don't people post or reply to a thread they read. Nothing worse for a person to make a thread, and see 300 people view it, yet only 2 people bother to take the time to say something, good or bad. Either the subject matter stinks, or they dont have anything to add. But in the end, promoting discussion takes an effort. And frankly, people are too busy, too lazy, and yes, too scared to bother posting. I am emotional that way, I made an effort, why dont they?

Well , that isn't realistic of me.

We all make threads that are self serving as much as anything, we like something ,and we open and and say, "HEY, what does everyone think of this?"

Lately I have see alot more "in jokes" and personal jabs, some are serious , some are playful. But overall it just isn't good reading. To me all of the OT posts help to foster a tighter group dynamic.( as long as every thread is not an OT post) I really dont care what people who hang out in the WC think. I do put more weight in what my fellow comic collectors , or peers think about movies, sports, books, food etc.

We all have comics as a base for being here. To me it is interesting to see how my fellow collectors differ from myself. And also to learn about who they are.

I have said it before, and will say it now.

This board has educated me like no other, this board has been a haven for me in times of woe, and also been a place where I have met what I now consider to be many a GREAT friend.

I have been lucky enough to briidge my online world into my everyday world. And I am better for it.

All because. I opened up my yapper and posted enough for people to know what I am about.

So I say Kudos Brain for hitting the nail on the head. I really do not think there is a cure for what ails CG, but posts like your's sure helps to foster a more congenial posting atmosphere.

Ze-

I applaud Brain for trying to identify why Comics General has devolved into the barren tumbleweed landscape it has become.

Several years ago this place was a hotbed of activity, all the usual suspects were here in droves talking, fighting, sharing information and personal experiences that covered a myriad of topics. It was all new. But that was years ago. People can only have the same conversation so many times before losing interest. A large core group of members who went through that period are still here, they still read, but dont post as much. Mainly because it is all a rehash of previously discussed topics.The core group of people who were here years ago where hardcore collecors. We are a finite group, sure new people learn of this place and join. That is always good. The people who knew of CGC came here years ago for the most part.

You will see once in awhile a thread that brings out all the longtimers, most times(if not always) it has to do with a serious topic. That is where they are in the hobby, they are passed the everyday stuff, and wait for a topic that has real meat before chiming in, if at all. They know if they open up their yap hole people will dissect what they say. So unless it really serves their purpose , or is a topic they really feel strongly about.

They just sit, and read.

I have touched upon the issue of why don't people post or reply to a thread they read. Nothing worse for a person to make a thread, and see 300 people view it, yet only 2 people bother to take the time to say something, good or bad. Either the subject matter stinks, or they dont have anything to add. But in the end, promoting discussion takes an effort. And frankly, people are too busy, too lazy, and yes, too scared to bother posting. I am emotional that way, I made an effort, why dont they?

Well , that isn't realistic of me.

We all make threads that are self serving as much as anything, we like something ,and we open and and say, "HEY, what does everyone think of this?"

Lately I have see alot more "in jokes" and personal jabs, some are serious , some are playful. But overall it just isn't good reading. To me all of the OT posts help to foster a tighter group dynamic.( as long as every thread is not an OT post) I really dont care what people who hang out in the WC think. I do put more weight in what my fellow comic collectors , or peers think about movies, sports, books, food etc.

We all have comics as a base for being here. To me it is interesting to see how my fellow collectors differ from myself. And also to learn about who they are.

I have said it before, and will say it now.

This board has educated me like no other, this board has been a haven for me in times of woe, and also been a place where I have met what I now consider to be many a GREAT friend.

I have been lucky enough to briidge my online world into my everyday world. And I am better for it.

All because. I opened up my yapper and posted enough for people to know what I am about.

So I say Kudos Brain for hitting the nail on the head. I really do not think there is a cure for what ails CG, but posts like your's sure helps to foster a more congenial posting atmosphere.

Ze-

Ze-man, Kenny, I am moved to tears. I would gladly delete everything I have posted in this thread to have said it

this well. Thank You. Stephen.