• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my new copy of . . . Vampirella #1

27 posts in this topic

8.0, maybe 8.5...leaning toward higher grade as only knocks against it really are two larger stress marks....

What is it with you and this book? poke2.gif

hi.gif

It's super-freaky . . . wink.gif

And it's got both Frazetta AND Neal Adams! cloud9.gif

Not to mention that the resale value is significant. grin.gif

flamed.gifgrin.gif

Am I being denied soup for failing to employ the proper "magazine curve"? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That is correct fine sir sumo.gif Said scratch is barely visible, the rub on the spine is very common to mags, and quite subtle. Why even the two spine creases are tinier than tiny grin.gif . . . and the colors are much richer than the scans reveal. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

flamed.gifgrin.gif

Am I being denied soup for failing to employ the proper "magazine curve"? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That is correct fine sir sumo.gif Said scratch is barely visible, the rub on the spine is very common to mags, and quite subtle. Why even the two spine creases are tinier than tiny grin.gif . . . and the colors are much richer than the scans reveal. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I hate to say it but your sweet talk is winning me over. 27_laughing.gif I can see 7.5/8.0 range on this. I think 8.5 is a stretch though.

I guess rubbing wear is just one of those pet peeves of mine, and I know it's common to magazines. Is there a higher tolerance for it in magazine grading than in comic grading?