• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who Comprises CGC's restoration detection division? Where are Friesen & Brevard?

218 posts in this topic

I think we should stop losing sight of who the customer is here.

I buy CGC products. I sell CGC products. I use CGC products. That says it all.

With most other companies, the customers complain about customer service because they can't get a person live on the phone and have to rely on FAQs on the company's website, emails or instant chat. Here, you can reach everybody at CGC by phone, from the President Steve Borock to Chris Friesen directly, and you're complaining because CGC won't post on an anonymous message board. Dell Computers would KILL to have customers like you!

27_laughing.gif

[What do you mean, second-hand? There's no limit on who can call CGC and get questions answered. Anyone can call if they want to know and can get answers first hand. If anyone feels the need to post what they are told, they can. If other people want to call after reading the posts, they can do that too. The big gripe doesn't seem to be that CGC isn't willing to answer questions -- it is that CGC isn't "Burger King" and you don't get it "your way." And boy, isn't it suspicious and mysterious and shady that you don't get it your way! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

You are completely missing the point. Sure they can answer my questions on the phone. They can answer anyone's questions according to you though I would like to think they have other business matters to attend to instead of fielding multiple phone calls during the day. But there isn't one place to get CGC policy information for all. That's missing. Getting that information by telephone is convienent but isn't, in my opinion, a very professional way for a company to dessiminate information. Especially one whose business is based on trust, impartiality, and transparency in their product.

Jim

I'm not surprised that this is YOUR opinion, but I also think it's safe to say that any attempt that CGC would make to try to placate you would be a wasted effort. For the rest of us "easier to please" customers, we're satisfied with our abilities to pick up the phone, ask our questions, and post any answers we feel the need to share. And I don't think there's anything "unprofessional" about a company that refuses to kowtow to every internet persona with an axe to grind.

Scott, putting aside the issue of whether I, as you believe, should have called CGC and asked my questions rather than posting them, do you agree any or all of the questions are legitimate?

We can debate "etiquette" all day long and each have different opinions, but lets focus on the substance here for a minute.

To take a page out of your handbook, "I answered this question in my prior posts above." poke2.gifyay.gif

I think we should stop losing sight of who the customer is here.

I buy CGC products. I sell CGC products. I use CGC products. That says it all.

With most other companies, the customers complain about customer service because they can't get a person live on the phone and have to rely on FAQs on the company's website, emails or instant chat. Here, you can reach everybody at CGC by phone, from the President Steve Borock to Chris Friesen directly, and you're complaining because CGC won't post on an anonymous message board. Dell Computers would KILL to have customers like you!

I don't think anyone would say I am anonymous.

And your statement would have more weight Tim if CGC personnel didn't post on these boards at all, but they do. Not only do they post on these boards selectively, they also use these boards to disseminate policy decisions and statements. Indeed, they do so because of the small size you reference.

Again, we are arguing etiquette. There are differences of opinion. That's fine.

Tim, I'll ask the same of you that I did of Scott, putting aside that issue, do you find any or all of the questions to be legitimate?

I'm frankly surprised people here haven't started questioning West on the significance of Friesen sitting THREE desks down from him, and speculating that Matt Nelson and Jim Halperin are sitting at the desks in between.

You know, Tim, that was funny sign-funnypost.gif

[What do you mean, second-hand? There's no limit on who can call CGC and get questions answered. Anyone can call if they want to know and can get answers first hand. If anyone feels the need to post what they are told, they can. If other people want to call after reading the posts, they can do that too. The big gripe doesn't seem to be that CGC isn't willing to answer questions -- it is that CGC isn't "Burger King" and you don't get it "your way." And boy, isn't it suspicious and mysterious and shady that you don't get it your way! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

You are completely missing the point. Sure they can answer my questions on the phone. They can answer anyone's questions according to you though I would like to think they have other business matters to attend to instead of fielding multiple phone calls during the day. But there isn't one place to get CGC policy information for all. That's missing. Getting that information by telephone is convienent but isn't, in my opinion, a very professional way for a company to dessiminate information. Especially one whose business is based on trust, impartiality, and transparency in their product.

Jim

I'm not surprised that this is YOUR opinion, but I also think it's safe to say that any attempt that CGC would make to try to placate you would be a wasted effort. For the rest of us "easier to please" customers, we're satisfied with our abilities to pick up the phone, ask our questions, and post any answers we feel the need to share. And I don't think there's anything "unprofessional" about a company that refuses to kowtow to every internet persona with an axe to grind.

Scott, putting aside the issue of whether I, as you believe, should have called CGC and asked my questions rather than posting them, do you agree any or all of the questions are legitimate?

We can debate "etiquette" all day long and each have different opinions, but lets focus on the substance here for a minute.

To take a page out of your handbook, "I answered this question in my prior posts above." poke2.gifyay.gif

Did not! makepoint.gif I just checked. poke2.gif

Tim, I'll ask the same of you that I did of Scott, putting aside that issue, do you find any or all of the questions to be legitimate?

I have no issue with the questions in and of themselves.

Jim

I think you need to re-read page 2 of this thread.

"If I truly believed after reading Mark's initial post that all he wanted were answers to those questions, I wouldn't have had a problem with it."

I still think a debate about the proper way to phrase or "deliver" pretty important questions is a red herring.

And the Mets come away with a win tonight. Finally starting to hit! yay.gif

Jim

I think you need to re-read page 2 of this thread.

"If I truly believed after reading Mark's initial post that all he wanted were answers to those questions, I wouldn't have had a problem with it."

Fair enough.

Of course, you're assuming some diabolical, underhanded plot on my part as if I had some ill-ascribed ulterior motive.

That said, the fact is that even you find these questions legitimate. Really doesn't make a difference what my motive is. You guys can debate that all night long if you wish. It won't detract from the substance of the questions.

Now lets see whether someone calls CGC and asks them and reports back, or CGC responds in this thread as West so aptly did.

Or, Chris is more than welcome to call me at 202-498-0011. I'd be happy to hear from him and finally make his acquaintance.

thumbsup2.gif

Stop focusing on me asking the question for a minute. This isn't about me...it's some "constructive" criticism on CGC's lack of any effective PR initiative. They do great with the one-on-one but when addressing the group, they leave more questions than answers. And usually launch into the silent treatment after one or two posts.

I understand the parsing of every word argument. But they need someone...anyone with authority...to stay with a topic longer than a couple posts. It's almost like dealing with ADD kids at times. If the posts aren't going the way they planned, then their focus shifts to other endeavors without the initial questions being answered. makepoint.gif

Having a bona-fide spokesman on these Boards would go a long way to rectifying some of the confusion. They sure don't mind using these Boards to announce initiatives. Maybe they can stick around and clarify any questions about those initiatives while they're here. May not like the answer but "I" can at least respect their attention to answering the question to the fullest of their capability...

Jim

Or, Chris is more than welcome to call me at 202-498-0011. I'd be happy to hear from him and finally make his acquaintance.

thumbsup2.gif

I cannot let this one go. You are seriously asking Chris to call YOU, after you all but said that you do not have the time to call CGC about any and every question that pops on you head? Let alone Call then with what you consider material to be worthy of making a thread about?

Thats, ummmm fair.

screwy.gif

Ze-

thumbsup2.gif

I cannot let this one go. You are seriously asking Chris to call YOU, after you all but said that you do not have the time to call CGC about any and every question that pops on you head? Let along Call CGC with what you consider worthy of making a thread about?

Thats, ummmm fair.

screwy.gif

Ze-

Duh, Kenny, it was sarcasim. makepoint.gif

That said, I never stated I did not have the time to call CGC. I said I felt I had no obligation to do so. gossip.gif

thumbsup2.gif

I cannot let this one go. You are seriously asking Chris to call YOU, after you all but said that you do not have the time to call CGC about any and every question that pops on you head? Let along Call CGC with what you consider worthy of making a thread about?

Thats, ummmm fair.

screwy.gif

Ze-

That said, I never stated I did not have the time to call CGC. I said I felt I had no obligation to do so. gossip.gif

If you tried this tactic with your neighborhood grocer, your whole family would starve to death. The mountain usually doesn't come to Mohammed.

thumbsup2.gif

Thats, ummmm fair.

screwy.gif

Ze-

I did not see a tounge in cheek graemlin!!

tongue.gif

And yes I read your post with a wee bit o salt. But cmon, this has become silly.

Post the questions you have HERE , but also call them with those same questions if you feel it is important.

Asking questions is fine,expecting answers is not a given. At least exhaust every avenue at your disposal before complaining about the lack of results.

Call them, and since YOU made the thread, get back to us with whatever answers you get.

sign-rantpost.gif

poke2.gif

sumo.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Thats, ummmm fair.

screwy.gif

Ze-

If you tried this tactic with your neighborhood grocer, your whole family would starve to death. The mountain usually doesn't come to Mohammed.

I must live in a neighborhood different from yours.

Then again, I have many different grocers to choose from.

thumbsup2.gif

Thats, ummmm fair.

screwy.gif

Ze-

tongue.gif

And yes I read your post with a wee bit o salt. But cmon, this has become silly.

Post the questions you have HERE , but also call them with those same questions if you feel it is important.

Asking questions is fine,expecting answers is not a given. At least exhaust every avenue at your disposal before complaining about the lack of results.

Call them, and since YOU made the thread, get back to us with whatever answers you get.

sign-rantpost.gif

poke2.gif

sumo.gif

It is in CGC's hands now. I notified Steve B. of the thread.

I see no reason why an answer cannot be forthcoming on these boards if it would be were I to call.

thumbsup2.gif

Thats, ummmm fair.

screwy.gif

Ze-

tongue.gif

sign-rantpost.gif

poke2.gif

sumo.gif

I see no reason why an answer cannot be forthcoming on these boards if it would be were I to call.

Sure you can Mark. You just want to make sure all parties involved are privvy to the conversation, rather then you re hashing a phone conversation.

I can respect that, but I personally think you will be waiting for online answers.. a good, long while.

Ze-

thumbsup2.gif

Thats, ummmm fair.

screwy.gif

Ze-

tongue.gif

sign-rantpost.gif

poke2.gif

sumo.gif

Sure you can Mark. You just want to make sure all parties involved are privvy to the conversation, rather then you re hashing a phone conversation.

I can respect that, but I personally think you will be waiting for online answers.. a good, long while.

Ze-

If that is CGC's decision, no skin off my back Kenny.

Again, given that people find these questions to be legitimate, I wholeheartedly encourage someone to call them and chat if they so wish. I see no reason why that has to be the case. I am not their spokesperson.

I've got a question... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Who does the restoration check on books that are submitted via onsight grading???...Is the restoration detection team up to peek capacity at a convention???...

oops...that's 2 questions... foreheadslap.gif