• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mennen/Alka Seltzer/Bose Wraps With MJ Inserts?

25 posts in this topic

We do believe, just like many other manufacturing "problems" that exist, that some tattoos had been left out during the manufacturing process.

Not only that, but as you hopefully know, there are different provincial laws on give-aways like this, and I bet none of these made it to Quebec for example. I would even venture there might have been different assembly runs for different markets.

I do agree with your stance on the MJ/Mennen inserts, just not for the reasons you state.

"Not only that, but as you hopefully know, there are different provincial laws on give-aways like this, and I bet none of these made it to Quebec for example. I would even venture there might have been different assembly runs for different markets.

You could be right.

Why do you think the mennen insert comics should be considered complete besides the fact that it is a complete comic book regardless if it is there or not. Just curious........

Why do you think the mennen insert comics should be considered complete besides the fact that it is a complete comic book regardless if it is there or not. Just curious........

Because, as I stated earlier, it opens up a real can of worms, similar to if you guys graded double-covers with the external one, regardless of the internal cover's condition.

What would happen?

I'm betting you could hear the sound of paper shredding for miles around, as those double cover CGC 6.0's are magically turned into CGC 9.X single cover copies. So no matter how illogical it may seem, you need to grade the internal cover to save the double cover copies.

Same with the Mennen/MJ dilemma - to give them a Qualified grade for missing one out of two inserts, just begs the owner to rip out the other insert as well and get a Universal. No one wants that.

So, just like multiple covers, multiple inserts need to be handled differently.

"Same with the Mennen/MJ dilemma - to give them a Qualified grade for missing one out of two inserts, just begs the owner to rip out the other insert as well and get a Universal. No one wants that."

I forgot you wrote that sorry.gif

And, yes, I can see what you are saying.

Bumping this thread because it contains important information that may not have been visited in several years.

First....has anyone seen an "insert" copy that did NOT have the Mennen insert, but DID have the MJ insert, and reasonably looked to have not been fiddled with?

(For those unaware, the Mennen insert was directly behind the cover, and in front of the first wrap, while the MJ inserts were the centerfold.)

Second...I recently pressed and subbed a book for a client that was a double cover...and CGC graded it a Qualified book because of they believed the outer cover was added to "make" a double cover.

I spoke to Molly D about this, but only to the point that if the owner had simply tugged off the outer cover, the book would have gotten a Universal grade, and had we known that ahead of time, he probably would have done just that.

Makes no sense to have a Qualified X.X when the outer cover that may (or may not) have been added is the only Qualification.