• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone identify this Wonder Woman For President Poster?

5 posts in this topic

I purchased this recently on ebay for $30. Was hoping that it was from the 1940s but didn't pay much attention to it. Now having received it I would say it is from the 1970s, perhaps as a result of the Wonder Woman tv show. The compay that made it, American Publishing Corp, Waltham, Mass., apparently also produced superhero items such as puzzles in the 1970s. However, I couldn't find anything similar online.

Anyone recognize it and can give more details? Would still look nice framed at least.

45_1.JPG

I purchased this recently on ebay for $30. Was hoping that it was from the 1940s but didn't pay much attention to it. Now having received it I would say it is from the 1970s, perhaps as a result of the Wonder Woman tv show. The compay that made it, American Publishing Corp, Waltham, Mass., apparently also produced superhero items such as puzzles in the 1970s. However, I couldn't find anything similar online.

Anyone recognize it and can give more details? Would still look nice framed at least.

45_1.JPG

It is from the 1970s. The company did several different signs including a Superman #13 and also a Detective Comics #33,etc.

This poster along with the Superman 13 and a couple others were produced for some news paper give away in the Mass area - i was told the story but forget some of the details right now. There was a set of four if i do remember correctly - i bought my set at a Dallas show many years ago, then sold the posters separately. I can ask a friend what newspaper, as he bought a set also and still has them