• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spiderman #43 Cover sets New Market High!!!!!!!

22 posts in this topic

Congrats are in order for the winner of the Amazing Spider-man cover. I am sure it has found a new and happy home.

I was wondering, is this the highest price paid for any Silver Age Marvel cover?

$90,000 + 10-13% Bidders Premium + NYS sales Tax = $106,200

Is this the first comic art piece from the 1960's to cross the 6 figure mark ???

WOW

acclaim.gif

1435457-ASM43.jpg

I dont think you should count the buyers premium and tax into final price.

Why not? It's the actual amount paid. Most people factor those in, because if you really wanted to only pay the hammer price, then you would have had to bid lower.

When you try to buy that 99 cent soda, what happens when you only have a dollar on ya? My guess is you're going home thirsty.

Why not? It's the actual amount paid. Most people factor those in, because if you really wanted to only pay the hammer price, then you would have had to bid lower.

When you try to buy that 99 cent soda, what happens when you only have a dollar on ya? My guess is you're going home thirsty.

I did think it was over the top when the corner variety store near me raised their BP from 15 to 18.5%...... insane.gif

Agreed. The price paid is the price paid. But should premiums/taxes/fees factor into the value of a piece?

In this case, the buyer didn't pay $90K, he paid $106K. However, the consignor didn't get $106K. He didn't even get $90K. He got $90K minus the commission.

To me, the most accurate reflection of the value of the piece is $90K.

So Hari,...

id say its pretty much a safe-bet that the floor on these ASM Covers is 65K. While one sale doesnt make a market, I say there are enough data points to extrapoltate that 150K-200K is not far off. JMHO. And everyone can say Im hyping and dont know what Im talkinjg about....BUT...this sale proves THE INEVITABLE

I am willing to bet anyone that a ASM Large art cover will NEVER sell for below 65K,..ever ever again (barring an apocolypse, depression etc....)

I am willing to bet anyone that a ASM Large art cover will NEVER sell for below 65K,..

The results must have been shilling...um I mean thrilling to you.

C

Agreed. The price paid is the price paid. But should premiums/taxes/fees factor into the value of a piece?

In this case, the buyer didn't pay $90K, he paid $106K. However, the consignor didn't get $106K. He didn't even get $90K. He got $90K minus the commission.

To me, the most accurate reflection of the value of the piece is $90K.

The buyers premium and the Taxes artifically inflate value.

Another Consigner in another location would have had lower values and lower over all price.

The Value of the Item is still 90K.

To Say the piece is worth 106K is not accurate.

it still worth 90K

Maybey I should have quoted it as "I dont think you should count the buyers premium and tax into final Value"

I disagree - an object is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it - i.e. - it's value.

This person paid a minimum of 90K+10% - at the very least he paid 99K for the cover. It is not logical to value to the cover at the final bid without factoring the buyers commission because in the end, they are one in the same. The winning bidder could not have walked out of the room with that cover for a penny less than 99K.

The final value is at least 99K.

It is kinda obvious and I think these malcontents are just trolling.

Trolling vs. Shilling? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

For real!

At least come up with an ID that's not a mix of names and #'s. I knew who it was before I even opened the thread. foreheadslap.gif

How're you supposed to make mincemeat outta my silly little hobby if you can't even hide your identity? tongue.gif

For real!

At least come up with an ID that's not a mix of names and #'s. I knew who it was before I even opened the thread. foreheadslap.gif

How're you supposed to make mincemeat outta my silly little hobby if you can't even hide your identity? tongue.gif

Guerilla warfare has its time and place. I prefer the Pattonesque-Napoleonic approach,...'The Great Men' recognize the often dismissed value of a direct confrontation to 'the center' away from the flanks. The bluntness of impact and projection of invincibilty more often than not is what wins the battle not the depraved cowardice of the attrition oriented force.

For real!

Guerilla warfare has its time and place. I prefer the Pattonesque-Napoleonic approach,...'The Great Men' recognize the often dismissed value of a direct confrontation to 'the center' away from the flanks. The bluntness of impact and projection of invincibilty more often than not is what wins the battle not the depraved cowardice of the attrition oriented force.

27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I want to hate you, but I can't.

I strongly disagree. Whenever I buy an item from Heritage or any other auction house I automatically add to my total the "juice" and sales tax if applicable. As far as I am concerned they are part of the price of the item.

If the buyer's premium was 100% (rather than 10 - 20%) would you still say it was not part of the price of the piece. At what point does it cease to be a part of the cost of the piece?

Let's put it this way, when it comes time for me to sell the item I sure as heck am gonna include the "juice" and sales tax when I estimate what price I want to get for the piece.

I strongly disagree. Whenever I buy an item from Heritage or any other auction house I automatically add to my total the "juice" and sales tax if applicable. As far as I am concerned they are part of the price of the item.

If the buyer's premium was 100% (rather than 10 - 20%) would you still say it was not part of the price of the piece. At what point does it cease to be a part of the cost of the piece?

Let's put it this way, when it comes time for me to sell the item I sure as heck am gonna include the "juice" and sales tax when I estimate what price I want to get for the piece.

Exactly Right!

Shipping and Insurance also needs to be factored in.

You MUST add "the juice" to the final hammer price to get the "sold for" price.

Do not add shipping or tax, as those are numbers that do not apply to everyone.

If you were not in NY(?), then you don't have to pay the tax. Shipping is much cheaper the closer you live, etc......

Check out all of Heritage's archived "realized" prices. They all now include the juice.

So with that said, 99K, wow. Was that all cash or did Wiess have trade terrms too?

Sure suprised me. Personally anything near or past 100K for comic art suprises me. Even if I win the lotto, still gonna stick to the more "affordable" stuff.

Prices have to hit a ceiling soon on this stuff.

Congratulation to the seller, nice score.

I'm Out!