• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cap #46 bidding officially out of control

30 posts in this topic

At this point I'm not so sure I want to see Overstreet 'fixed'. I've invested alot of time over the years figuring out what percentage of guide I'm willing to pay for whichever books I desire on a case by case basis. As long as the movement isn't that dramatic from year to year I don't have to adjust my formulas much. If the guide started showing the true values for everything, I would get very confused.

Well, how else can a dealer justify to pay so little for a Cap Am 46 to turn around and sell it at a premium to people who know it's off in the guide ... It's been a cynical kind of day for me ...

It's a good reason to keep the guide low, that's for sure and then say how undervalued that book is when you go to buy. I remeber a dealer asling 4x guide for a Wendy the Good Little Witch # 1 and saying how undervalued it is. I'm feeling a bit cynical too.

How fortunate for you that the firt six underbidders all passed on the 2nd chance offer- don't hesitate, snap it up immediately even if you have to send cash via western union to a foriegn country - you'll neverr see a bargain like that again. Maybe the seller could keep your credit card number on file in case he has future deals like that.

How fortunate for you that the firt six underbidders all passed on the 2nd chance offer- don't hesitate, snap it up immediately even if you have to send cash via western union to a foriegn country - you'll neverr see a bargain like that again. Maybe the seller could keep your credit card number on file in case he has future deals like that.

sign-funnypost.gif

but not really

I was thinking of sending cash money, well hidden between two sheets of paper.

I was thinking of sending cash money, well hidden between two sheets of paper.

good plan. Use me as safe harbor though, just in case.