• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High Grade Bronze Thors with some picture frames - OO

62 posts in this topic

funny how the supes has glue and is blue, but beyonders swamp thing had glue and got plod. Is it because of old label or something? sorry for the derail just curious.

for whatever reason, they are more forgiving on gold and tiny amounts of glue.

So, Foolkiller leaves and the Thors stop? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I actually think he was out, cause I already paid.

Ya know... having a family really cuts into the comic buying opportunities... insane.gif

That's why I've got to get all mine in now. Having a GF means still having a few minutes to squeeze that in -- 27_laughing.gif

Ya know... having a family really cuts into the comic buying opportunities... insane.gif

That's why I've got to get all mine in now. Having a GF means still having a few minutes to squeeze that in -- 27_laughing.gif

She must be lower maintenance than my wife was when she was my GF... poke2.gif

you know the funny part was she was cooking our dinner at the time I was bidding.

you know the funny part was she was cooking our dinner at the time I was bidding.

hail.gif

Thor 210. Deep, dripping gloss... great red cover. A definate 9.4, possible 9.6. BIN $24

Thor210.jpg

I'll take it

arrrgh..., *spoon*, *spoon* ity, *spoon*, *spoon*, *spoon* ity, *spoon*....,

sorry.gif

This is one of those impossible to find in NM BA grail books....,

foreheadslap.gif I;ve got a pile of eBay "NM" ones on floor of the comic cavern, including a CGC 9.2 which is a piece of *spoon*.

Thor 210. Deep, dripping gloss... great red cover. A definate 9.4, possible 9.6. BIN $24

Thor210.jpg

I'll take it

sorry.gif

foreheadslap.gif I;ve got a pile of eBay "NM" ones on floor of the comic cavern, including a CGC 9.2 which is a piece of *spoon*.

I always like to see these books go into the hands of true fans. When I get the book, you can have it at my cost.

funny how the supes has glue and is blue, but beyonders swamp thing had glue and got plod. Is it because of old label or something? sorry for the derail just curious.

From what I can tell, by looking at the book at an angle I can see a tiny amount of reflectivity on the tear below Shuster's signature. And when I say tiny, I mean really really tiny... like razor thin. I'm guessing someone along the line sealed that tear. Frankly, I don't consider it restoration as it isn't hiding a flaw or improving appearance... one can still see the tear.

As someone else noted, CGC has allowed some Golden Age books with the most minor of touches slide through in blue labels. I always presumed this may have been because the fixes were so small, they didn't improve the grade anyway. confused-smiley-013.gif

Thor210.jpg

I'll take it

sorry.gif

I always like to see these books go into the hands of true fans. When I get the book, you can have it at my cost.

Bless you! This is the only one I need above 139 - I can attest to its scarcity in high grade, having been after one for 30 plus years. Thanks!!!

I guess I priced these way too cheap! tongue.gif

Not at all, it's just that you've got some very interested buyers at this level, but I doubt they'd all be willing to get bent over either. grin.gif

I don't think they were too cheap - in fact, seeing these prices makes me want to go to my sale box, as I think I have some duplicates of issues in this era. As JC alluded, you just hit the correct chord with the right group of people. 210 is just an anomaly as near as I can figure - all the books around it you can readily find in superior shape. I found the same thing to be true of 150. They were run on a bad day at the printer's, cut with dull knives, and thrown in the shipping boxes.

Not at all, it's just that you've got some very interested buyers at this level, but I doubt they'd all be willing to get bent over either. grin.gif

I don't think they were too cheap - in fact, seeing these prices makes me want to go to my sale box, as I think I have some duplicates of issues in this era. As JC alluded, you just hit the correct chord with the right group of people. 210 is just an anomaly as near as I can figure - all the books around it you can readily find in superior shape. I found the same thing to be true of 150. They were run on a bad day at the printer's, cut with dull knives, and thrown in the shipping boxes.

I looked for years for a NM+ graded Thor 210 until I found one a few months ago. I purchased it off of comic link during a focused auction. I believe I paid under $50-60 (not really sure) but I remember bidding $125 for it (for reasons other than just the GPA) and ony one other person bid against me. It was a Don Rosa copy on top of that.

It's a hard book to find in ultra high grade.

Bless you! This is the only one I need above 139 - I can attest to its scarcity in high grade, having been after one for 30 plus years. Thanks!!!

foreheadslap.gif

confused.gif Picked mine up from Red Beard comics at WondewCon for $10 its a 9.4 - the only Thor app that are tough in HG are the JIMs. Most people don't slab Thor's in the area, but this book is not hard to find in HG.

Zip I think you did well, I'm a collector and I wouldnt have paid $25 for a generic issue in the early 200s outside of #205.

Thor210.jpg

I'll take it

sorry.gif

So, does this mean I get a shot at your undercopy?