• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you had $500 to spend ?

42 posts in this topic

I'd give comicdey a call and go through what I wanted with him as I know he's sitting on a nice OO collection with most everthing post 1972 in high grade and then a decent group of SA Keys and low to mid to high grade SA Marvels before that. yay.gif

Scan and sell then, what are you waiting for? poke2.gif

not enough time in the day right now....I need about $1,000 in my paypal in the next week or two............... foreheadslap.gif

hi.gif

in my paypal account makepoint.gifflowerred.gif

Dont you want to save fees makepoint.gifstooges.gif

What's the purpose of your expenditure? Are you looking to read comics, or make some money off them?

If you're looking to read them, buy huge long runs of titles you like in mid-grade, grab a hammock, and have a good time.

If you're looking to flip them, buy the highest grade raw copies of Marvel Spotlight 5, Amazing Spider-Man 300, and Ghost Rider 1 you can find, and flip them in February, May, and February, respectively.

Maybe I'll start a new thread late tonight. I had a 10:30 pm hockey game last night....and I'm off to work....what do you want to see ...........

VF/NM or better any Marvel .15c/.20c covers tongue.gif

What's the purpose of your expenditure? Are you looking to read comics, or make some money off them?

Not looking to read them. I usually will go and get the trades if they are available, if its a storyline i would like to read. Well im not really looking to flip books either. I guess its just to get some really good books that will go up in value over time. I was buying moderns for so long and looking back it appears i wasted alot of money. I would spend minutes looking through each stack to get the best copy or copies. Im not looking to sell any of them, but would rather focus on books that actually will have some value now or in the future.I have started a Cap run begining with issue #100. Im also starting an X-men run, starting or gonna start with issue #100.

Not looking to read them. I usually will go and get the trades if they are available, if its a storyline i would like to read. Well im not really looking to flip books either. I guess its just to get some really good books that will go up in value over time. I was buying moderns for so long and looking back it appears i wasted alot of money. I would spend minutes looking through each stack to get the best copy or copies. Im not looking to sell any of them, but would rather focus on books that actually will have some value now or in the future.I have started a Cap run begining with issue #100. Im also starting an X-men run, starting or gonna start with issue #100.

Define "the future". A year? Five years? Ten years? 20?

Seriously... Anyone know where I can find this comic for $500? I've been looking for a 9.0 or higher for years and have never found one under $800...

Highgradecomics has a nice 8.5 for $750.00

I have a 7.5 and would only upgrade to the 9's... Does that make me a label snob?

I have started a Cap run begining with issue #100. Im also starting an X-men run, starting or gonna start with issue #100.

If you like these books, then that's where you should spend your money. If you are looking for books that should hold their value over time, I would try to buy high grade copies (9.6 or better). However, that won't get you many books in either title. Possibly only a single book depending on the issue and grade. If you are buying them to read and enjoy, you could probably get quite a few issues in decent grades (VF or better) for $500.

Personally, I try to find a balance between quality and quantity. 8.0 - 9.2's work just fine for me since I am buying to read. Books in this grade usually fall under the radar of high grade collectors (depending on the book of course), so I can pick up several books for the price of a single 9.6 copy. Later on I may feel differently and only buy 9.6 or better with white pages, but as long as I'm only reading them, I don't mind books in the VF range. They still have a newer book feel and don't break the bank.