• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IRON MAN # 1 Original Cover Art

41 posts in this topic

I posted a killer image of a classic # 1 issue of comic art and all u can muster the energy to discuss is pedantic nonsense. Seriously, you guys need to develop personalties. Moreover, your posts are cliches of cliches. Its the same pablum puking retorts one would post about every poster that is not 'in' with the board mantra.

pedantic, pablum

If nothing else you raise the bar on the vocabulary of the board...

Usually you stay in character for more than 2 posts though...I mean you have until monday until Arch launches this screen name into the waste bin. Let the new personality take wing for a bit. Being "new" to the board and immediately ripping on people like you know them is little too overt of an admission.

Chris

It is a nice cover, but why post someone else's art?

Damn those fast Morger fingers...you beat me to my post. 27_laughing.gif

Chris

Even if it is KK, that's a cracking scan of the IM #1 cover. If its not poached from someones collection in CAF, then I've no objections to anyone posting scans of rare art.

Clem....

Looks like a scan of a stat or production art to me. Usually the logos and such are pasted on the art (which you would clearly see) and a stat would be made of that (which is what I think we are seeing) . Just an observation....

Looks like a scan of a stat or production art to me. Usually the logos and such are pasted on the art (which you would clearly see) and a stat would be made of that (which is what I think we are seeing) . Just an observation....

No. You are wrong. This is the original comic art to Iron Man # 1.

I don't quite understand the name Curtiss Way on the top of the art. He was not the artist who did the cover. Was this a former owner. The scan is extremely white for the original. Pieces that old are usually faded slightly.

"Curtiss Way" is at the top of most ALL OA from the Silver/ Early Bronze era. Again, this IS the original comic art to Iron Man # 1. Please, lets not make this a JFK conspiracy hoopla thing.

And you know this how?

And you know this how?

foreheadslap.gif Why must u have such a jaundiced view of the world? This is the OA to Iron Man # 1. What do u want to see the stamp on the back?