• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hero Initiative Crises 1 CGC sig series Perez & Wolfman

11 posts in this topic

EBAY DESCRIPTION:

Crisis #1 CGC Signature Series Wolfman/Perez 9.8!

You are bidding on issue #1 of DC Comics' landmark 1985 series Crisis on Infinite Earths! Best of all, this book has been autographed by BOTH legendary creators George Perez and Marv Wolfman. It's been slabbed an graded by CGC in their Signature Series at an astoundingly high 9.8!

THis carries the CGC Signature Series serial #: 0771771002

This stellar piece of comic booky goodness is a benefit for The Hero Initiative. The Hero Initiative is the first-ever federally chartered not-for-profit corporation dedicated strictly to helping comic book creators in need. The Hero Initiative creates a financial safety net for yesterdays' creators who may need emergency medical aid, financial support for essentials of life, and entrée back into paying work. For more information, visit www.HeroInitaitive.org or call 310-909-7809.

Steve, I don't want to be the one to pisss in the punch but this seems like a bit of a conflict of interests.

From what I see (and correct me if I'm worng) you (personally or thorugh a proxy) get books signed for HERO (where you are the director(?)) with this express intent of selling them (with proceeds going to charity). Those books are sent to CGC (where you are the boss) to get graded and slabbed for SS.

With such huge price differences realized on 9.8s vs. 9.6s and lower it seems to be in the realm of possibility that some "good ol' boy" grades could be handed out just to help HERO.

I'm not saying this has happened but an argument could sure be made...

I'm just sayin'...

They are trying to help those in need. How is this a bad thing? If CGC does nothing, people are on the sidelines saying they only take and never give anything back.... Here they are trying to help those less fortuante and Steve gets shots tossed in his direction.. Why is that?

Nice work!

I am going to make a bid myself!

Dude! Go back and read my post. I'm not throwing shots. I am saying that this will be something that will come up sooner or later (probably sooner). People in the hobby have already started talking about it.

I think that what Steve is doing is great but there will be someone, at some time who is going to cry foul on the first overgraded book.