• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

to crack or not to crack

36 posts in this topic

It's because your reaching for the plus on the 4.0 VG copy versus being hard on an otherwise nice FN or FN- book....

Actually, I find the 5.5 to be where life begins.

BAH!

What would you know about VG/FN...it's all Fine to you makepoint.gif

cracked it

asm26raw.jpg

asm26rawb.jpg

That was one of the books I traded to ft88 for my Avengers #2.I also thought it was undergraded,the only things I saw were the lower left front crease and the back cover top staple.The book looks like a 6.5 out of the case,go figure. confused-smiley-013.gifNice pickup! thumbsup2.gif

the bests deals out there are CGC 8.5 and 9.0's, they affordable and still considered HG. hence "buy the book, not the label". gossip.gifthumbsup2.gif
I think 7.5's are even better deals.High grade buyers usually go 8.0 and up on early silver,but 7.5's usually look just as good(with a nice discount).I'm guessing 7.5's are the redheaded step children of the high grade family...... confused-smiley-013.gif...but I love em cloud9.gif

If you sold it as a 6.5 I doubt anyone would complain.

With that large ellipse crease on the BE of FC I would....

I think that's the killer defect that keeps this one at a 5.5.....

funny, I had to look for the creas on the FC....once I saw it...yup...that'll keep it from much higher grade.

If you sold it as a 6.5 I doubt anyone would complain.

With that large ellipse crease on the BE of FC I would....

I think that's the killer defect that keeps this one at a 5.5.....

funny, I had to look for the creas on the FC....once I saw it...yup...that'll keep it from much higher grade.

STILL BETTER THEN A 5.0 IMO

It's because your reaching for the plus on the 4.0 VG copy versus being hard on an otherwise nice FN or FN- book....

BAH!

confused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

BAH!

confused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

poke2.gifstooges.gif