• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The GA "Short Bus" Thread Post your unpopular books!
2 2

993 posts in this topic

Since no one can be bothered to offer an opinion on the grading thread - this must qualify.

Hey, I looked at it because it's an Atlas War book but I'm not the best grader so refrained from my opinion. I'd still say F+. hi.gif

A home for all the misfit GA books that get no love....

I feel like I've been sitting on the Jeopardy panel for a year, and Alex just announced my category!

Two favorites from the General Electric series here:

Adventures in Science Series 17-5

1474064-AdvSciAPG17-5.JPG

Adventure Series 2

1474064-GEadvser2.JPG

Jack

from the Isle of Misfit Funnybooks

More Power to You!, the only comic book devoted entirely to an organometallic compound, tetraethyllead -- the compound in leaded gasoline that polluted the entire earth with lead. This 1951 promotional comic book from Ethyl Corporation sings its praises. Amazingly good art by John Rosenberger, the same artist who churned out lackluster work for the Archie superhero comics of the 1960s.

1474064-morepower_1_small.JPG

Jack

(Who can stand more of these?)

Here's a nice MLJ headlight cover giving Archie 50 a run for its money. Couldn't sell it for $12 on ebay though.

gossip.gif I need it for my collection and was watching it but shipping was too high for me to bid on it considering the condition. My model says $10 shipped tops and that's before the staining which is hurting value further. Sorry. I would have bought it otherwise. How low can you go? ...

To contribute, here's Billy the Man the Kid in a fierce red cover -

1475393-BillytheKid9s.jpg

1475393-BillytheKid9s.jpg.0f7030f4a59c64ae1e8a6568c3d44f41.jpg

Okay, let my submissions begin...

Bill, are you sure you're down with the theme of unloved comic books here?

I'd love to have the two Alice books -- spanking cover, "The Giant Who Loved Coffee" -- great stuff!

In fact this Lars of Mars with the molecular structures in the background just landed on my want list. I'll satisfy myself with the nice scan for now.

I've posted the last two before. The Lash got one insult, the Super went uncommented on...

lars.jpg

Your comic books are making my Adventures in Science books jealous!!

Jack

(except maybe Super Comics -- not too many people love strip reprints)

Okay, let my submissions begin...

Bill, are you sure you're down with the theme of unloved comic books here?

I'd love to have the two Alice books -- spanking cover, "The Giant Who Loved Coffee" -- great stuff!

In fact this Lars of Mars with the molecular structures in the background just landed on my want list. I'll satisfy myself with the nice scan for now.

I've posted the last two before. The Lash got one insult, the Super went uncommented on...

lars.jpg

Your comic books are making my Adventures in Science books jealous!!

Jack

(except maybe Super Comics -- not too many people love strip reprints)

It's yours anytime you want it....(the Lars that is, for a nominal price)

I love the Alice books, but I didn't think anyone else would. I chased the spanking cover for a long time. The interior art is Dave Berg and it is just fabulous.

I only bought the Super because it was a coded Mile High, and I wanted one. Well, I kind of like Tracy too. My tastes are varied...

Omigod, a kindred spirit!

As far as I know, this is the very first GE Adventure Series (the original title, before Adventures in Science).

GEC-174 from 1946, Adventures in Electricity Number One, "How Magic is Born…and How it Travels"; Roussos art (signed)

1474064-GEadventser1.JPG

Jack

Here's another GE from 1954, The Story of Light

give1.jpg