• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The GA "Short Bus" Thread Post your unpopular books!
2 2

993 posts in this topic

I don't think you can count Sagendorf and Holman covers featuring their signature characters short bus books - but thanks for posting them anyway.

I wouldn't and you wouldn't, but I don't see any Spandex, X-ray vision, zombies or angst. Let's ask over in Comics General.

That poor, neglected Popeye book sat unloved and ignored in skypinkblu's VCC booth until I nagged and wheedled her into selling it to me. Cost me a pretty penny, believe you me.

Jack

Be prepared to own some GGA next year, when I decide to change from that;) :angel:

I'm salivating in anticipation.

(tsk)Drooling =water stains;)

I promise to keep them in the baggies.

Jack

IF you posted that IN General;) I can just imagine the responses;)

I don't think you can count Sagendorf and Holman covers featuring their signature characters short bus books - but thanks for posting them anyway.

I wouldn't and you wouldn't, but I don't see any Spandex, X-ray vision, zombies or angst. Let's ask over in Comics General.

That poor, neglected Popeye book sat unloved and ignored in skypinkblu's VCC booth until I nagged and wheedled her into selling GIVING it to me. Cost me a pretty penny, nothing;) believe you me.

Jack

That poor, neglected Popeye book sat unloved and ignored in skypinkblu's VCC booth until I nagged and wheedled her into selling GIVING it to me. Cost me a pretty penny, nothing;) believe you me.

Jack

There goes my Big Spender mystique!

again

Jack

(What penny could be prettier than free?)

Jack

lol

It's so much nicer here than on Ebay with the Hardy boy kook;) He's back aand there is NOTHING more short bus, than Hardy Boy books;)

Donna Parker (couldn't even come up with a mystery to solve)?

Bobbsey Twins?

Jack

This one qualify for the short bus?

Tough call.

No spandex, zombies or gore -- yes.

GGA -- no.

Sizable Bushmiller Nancy fan base -- no. (This is Bushmiller, right?)

Respectable condition -- no.

I'm afraid it might have to ride in the long bus with the jocks and geeks. Cool book, really!

Jack

UnitedComics26.jpg

I can't post a bunch of books and neglect the Short Bus!

I think Dell TV adaptation books qualify, right?

I Love Lucy 25, Dell, Oct-Dec 1959 (OK, not real Golden Age, but this is THE Short Bus thread).

Nice Lucy & Desi photo cover.

ILoveLucy25.jpg

Take a look at the strange caricatures inside! On some pages, Lucy has almost a Little Orphan Anie look. Jerry's Who's Who suggests that it's probably by Hy Rosen. Notice the odd squiggle "fill" coloring.

ILoveLucy25page.jpg

Typical Lucy hi-jinks. I don't know whether the stories are adapted from TV episodes or written for the comic book.

Jack