• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Showcase - Lois Lane

29 posts in this topic

1.5 to 1.8, that is Fr to Fr/GD

Thanks! Is there value in one that low?

you might find someone to give you $5 for it.

Note: books don't command too much in this condition unless

it is a "Key" or hot series.

Meaining if this were an Action Comic's (SuperMan's first series)

unstead of a Lois title it would most likely be more valuable.

A key is book that has importance to it...

A 1st apperance of a charcater, a death, a costume change etc. etc.

1.5 to 1.8, that is Fr to Fr/GD

Thanks! Is there value in one that low?

you might find someone to give you $5 for it.

Note: books don't command too much in this condition unless

it is a "Key" or hot series.

Meaining if this were an Action Comic's (SuperMan's first series)

unstead of a Lois title it would most likely be more valuable.

A key is book that has importance to it...

A 1st apperance of a charcater, a death, a costume change etc. etc.

Thanks! I appreciate the information. So, the ones like the 1st appearance of the Sea Devils and the Hulk might be better to start with? I have both of those.

1.0. I disagree strongly with the $5 comment though. It's probably a $100+ comic. It's a lot easier to sell expensive comics in low-grade than it is in mid-grade. In fact, it's easier to sell just about everything in GD than FN.

Thanks, you give me hope! Where would I be able to get that price though?

1.0. I disagree strongly with the $5 comment though. It's probably a $100+ comic. It's a lot easier to sell expensive comics in low-grade than it is in mid-grade. In fact, it's easier to sell just about everything in GD than FN.

thumbsup2.gif Agree $5 would be a pipe dream on an early showcase LL issue...$100+ is probably the full retail price as it's a $226 book in Good. I bet a better gauge on value would be to do an ebay search on past auctions for the book and see what the internet market pays for a book in this grade....if not this week, it'll show up in the next month or so either way. That is unless you have a brick and mortar and can afford to wait for that one special buyer. thumbsup2.gif

1.0-1.5.

As far as value I sold one that was low grade 1.8-2.0 on E-bay about a year and a half ago for $160.00

Wow...good return on one....I'd say you should go ebay with it with a price potential of that. Good luck. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

the trick on this book is that it's not a "Lois Lane" book (nerf: makepoint.gifforeheadslap.gif) but actually a "Showcase" book, and a highly desirable one at that.

but looking up eBay auctions on this one will be sticky because a lot of people mistakenly list Showcase books by their subject instead of the actual title.

good luck! oh, and it's a 1.5 imho

oh yea....fair 1.0 but looks solid. How are the pages...maybe a bump if the page quality is nice and the centerfold is strongly attached.

Did you do a page count?

No, not yet. I didn't think about that. I guess I should , huh? I just looked through it and didn't see a centerfold? But, I don't really know what that would be. Would it be a 2 page picture or something? HELP!

the trick on this book is that it's not a "Lois Lane" book (nerf: makepoint.gifforeheadslap.gif) but actually a "Showcase" book, and a highly desirable one at that.

but looking up eBay auctions on this one will be sticky because a lot of people mistakenly list Showcase books by their subject instead of the actual title.

good luck! oh, and it's a 1.5 imho

I found that out fairly quickly while looking on Ebay and in the Overstreet price book. It was confusing to me at first. I can honestly say I've handled about 20 comics before this box came our way.

Thanks! I really appreciate everyone helping so much.