• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Showcase - Lois Lane

29 posts in this topic

centerfolds aren't always two-up pictures, and oftentimes aren't.

collectors will ask you if there are any interior flaws, and whether the cover and interior pages are firmly attached to the staples. detatched staples will get you a lot of returns on books if you don't disclose that up front

the trick on this book is that it's not a "Lois Lane" book (nerf: makepoint.gifforeheadslap.gif) but actually a "Showcase" book, and a highly desirable one at that.

but looking up eBay auctions on this one will be sticky because a lot of people mistakenly list Showcase books by their subject instead of the actual title.

good luck! oh, and it's a 1.5 imho

well, give the man a $100 for it,

I'm sure that'll make 'em happy.

tongue.gif

the trick on this book is that it's not a "Lois Lane" book (nerf: makepoint.gifforeheadslap.gif) but actually a "Showcase" book, and a highly desirable one at that.

but looking up eBay auctions on this one will be sticky because a lot of people mistakenly list Showcase books by their subject instead of the actual title.

tongue.gif

try gal ! 27_laughing.gif

centerfolds aren't always two-up pictures, and oftentimes aren't.

collectors will ask you if there are any interior flaws, and whether the cover and interior pages are firmly attached to the staples. detatched staples will get you a lot of returns on books if you don't disclose that up front

Thanks so much. I will be sure to note all of that when I do start selling these.

tongue.gif

try gal ! 27_laughing.gif

well, there you go...

I'm right on multiple levels.

insane.gif

oh yea....fair 1.0 but looks solid. How are the pages...maybe a bump if the page quality is nice and the centerfold is strongly attached.

Did you do a page count?

No, not yet. I didn't think about that. I guess I should , huh? I just looked through it and didn't see a centerfold? But, I don't really know what that would be. Would it be a 2 page picture or something? HELP!

8 pages to the centerfold....8 pages to the back cover....

missing centerfolds, or coupons cut, pages trimmed out are not uncommon....and drastically effect value and buyers satisfaction on an ebay sale. thumbsup2.gif

oh yea....fair 1.0 but looks solid. How are the pages...maybe a bump if the page quality is nice and the centerfold is strongly attached.

Did you do a page count?

No, not yet. I didn't think about that. I guess I should , huh? I just looked through it and didn't see a centerfold? But, I don't really know what that would be. Would it be a 2 page picture or something? HELP!

8 pages to the centerfold....8 pages to the back cover....

missing centerfolds, or coupons cut, pages trimmed out are not uncommon....and drastically effect value and buyers satisfaction on an ebay sale. thumbsup2.gif

See? I know NOTHING about these. 27_laughing.gif Ok, I counted the Showcase Lois Lane and it has all pages and nothing cut out. So, that's good right?