• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade on this ASM 129

31 posts in this topic

6.5 ?

I was leaning in the 7s but you said it was an up-grade so I went with 8.0.

I figured VF was a nice guess at a grade you might have been shooting for.

thumbsup2.gif

This post clearly shows how one cannot grade a comic book encased in plastic . . . either holding it in hand or by means of low resolution scans. I am not surprised by the grade, nor would I pretend now, that it is either here or there. You cannot see the book. You cannot evaluate either its structure or the presence or absence of hidden defects. Plain and simple, you can't do squat. sumo.gif

This post clearly shows how one cannot grade a comic book encased in plastic . . . either holding it in hand or by means of low resolution scans. I am not surprised by the grade, nor would I pretend now, that it is either here or there. You cannot see the book. You cannot evaluate either its structure or the presence or absence of hidden defects. Plain and simple, you can't do squat. sumo.gif

I agree! nothing beats in hand examination! This book probably shouldn't have been posted without the grading notes as the defect is invisible in the scan! A waste of time IMO!