• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thanksgiving Covers

32 posts in this topic

It's a good homage -- fun to compare to the Norman Rockwell original.

Odd pose of the Atom. Is he supposed to reflect the curve of the celery? He comes off like Miss Daisy Dimple. (Is it still Ray Palmer in the suit?)

Jack

1495898-Freedom-from-Want.jpg

JSA_54.jpg

In the Norman Rockwell version there is a figure looking at us in the lower right corner. Since the JLA cover has the UPC box in the same spot, was their a character being covered up there? Perhaps Batman? There appears to be one of his ears beside Green Latern (Alan Scott).

Odd pose of the Atom. Is he supposed to reflect the curve of the celery? He comes off like Miss Daisy Dimple. (Is it still Ray Palmer in the suit?)

Jack

JSA_54.jpg

In the Norman Rockwell version there is a figure looking at us in the lower right corner. Since the JLA cover has the UPC box in the same spot, was their a character being covered up there? Perhaps Batman? There appears to be one of his ears beside Green Latern (Alan Scott).

I think its Batman.

Jack

JSA_54.jpg

I wondered the same thing and agree that it's probably Batman.

Odd cropping of the cover at the bottom. Maybe the artist intended the image to be placed higher but the editor objected to covering too much logo. I'd be interested in seeing the original art (or art without copy). Are older covers archived at the DC site? I can't find them.

Jack