• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Everyone should now know who they are Santa for, Happy Holiday Shopping!

159 posts in this topic

I have compiled the names, printed out the list.

Time to draw.

All of your names are now sitting in a pewter cup I took off my late fathers mantle. The same cup I remember him drinking a Holiday Eggnog toast every year when I grew up. Sadly I never asked him why he did that, or how old the cup was but felt it was a very worthy cup to hold all my fellow boardies names.

My wife will draw a name from the cup, we will pair it with the first name on the master list. If problems arise with dupes from last year, or I messed up pairing you with an overseas boardie, PM me. It can be worked out. My time is fleeting lately, and this endeavor is kicking my arse timewise. (in a very fun, worthwhile way mind you)

If you want to trade names with other boardies, that is entirely up to you, and them.

Once names are assigned it is out of my hands.

I will only ask ONE thing.

WRAP the gift in a holiday related paper!!!

If I hear of ANYONE receiving their gift in a plain box , the person who sent it will be banned from next years exchange..... It may sound harsh.......well OK not banned, but raked over the coals! I know all to well that it is part of the holiday season to open things that are not part of our normal year.

Consider it a challange.

It is as much a part of the gift, as the gift itself. We ALL get mail in our mailbox throughout the year , but a box from a boardie wrapped with sappy holiday cheer?.. THAT is rich.

I am asking, Just do it.

Ze-

Expect a PM from me over the next 24 hours. I will pass along who you are to send a gift to , and what they might wish to receive.

list.jpg

Part 2

OK, I think I assigned everybody their Santa assignments. If you did NOT recieve a PM from me regarding who you are Santa for.. Please do not post about it in here, PM me, and I will take care of it as I think I have 2 names that might have been messed up

Also, if I gave you a person you had last year, or messed up shipping preferences please PM me and we will work something out.

My eyes are bleeding from cutting and pasteing almost 100 PM's( that is why my PM may read weird to you, I just cut and pasted the PM sent me when everyone signed up)

If I did not include what the person wanted, it is because they did not include it in their PM when they signed up.

Ask any questions you may have. I can only hope I did not royally screw this up.

I am off to walk my dog, go get a beer and some dinner.

Happy Holidays everyone.

hi.gif

Ze-

I don't suppose I can make everybody wait until Christmas Day to open their gifts can I?

And it is worth saying, Do NOT tell the person you are santa for that you have them. Make them wait until they open their gift.. sign a card, or something, but let them squirm till they open the gift.

Pleae feel free to relate who the gift is from when you send it, unless you dont want to.. I messed up last year by calling it Secret Santa.

This is all about building new relationships. Not being secret.

Thanks for asking, so we are all clear on this point.

Tell your recipient your board name, and anything else you want.

ze-

If I hear of ANYONE reveiving their gift in a plain box , the person who sent it will be banned from next years exchange.
poke2.gif
Oh yeah, is it ok if I put the comic in a shoe box that is wrapped, then put it in a box ment for shipping?

And would it be alright if the comic is not in a bag, and without a board? So many questions I forgot to ask! Now with so little time. grin.gif27_laughing.gif

If I hear of ANYONE reveiving their gift in a plain box , the person who sent it will be banned from next years exchange.
poke2.gif
Oh yeah, is it ok if I put the comic in a shoe box that is wrapped, then put it in a box ment for shipping?

And would it be alright if the comic is not in a bag, and without a board? So many questions I forgot to ask! Now with so little time. grin.gif27_laughing.gif

No soup for you..

Back of the line.

sumo.gif

i.e.. if your gift is not wrapped in holiday paper adorned with red nosed mammels, north poles, or puppies and bunnies I will personally ban you and make a motion towards banning you from the forum.

Got it?

sumo.gif

Oh and btw.. Happy Holidays

hi.gif

Ze-

poke2.gif

No soup for you..

Back of the line.

sumo.gif

Ze-

Ah, the soup was cold anyway, at least it can get warmed up untill then. grin.gif27_laughing.gif

poke2.gif

No soup for you..

Back of the line.

sumo.gif

i.e.. if your gift is not wrapped in holiday paper adorned with red nosed mammels, north poles, or puppies and bunnies I will personally ban you and make a motion towards banning you from the forum.

Got it?

sumo.gif

hi.gif

Ze-

27_laughing.gif!

Ah man, I was hopen I could use pink papered Barbie themed with a touch of christmas type paper. frown.gif I am sure that would be a success, or I could go to Santa's house and steal Rudolph. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

poke2.gif

No soup for you..

Back of the line.

sumo.gif

Got it?

sumo.gif

hi.gif

Ze-

27_laughing.gif!

Ah man, I was hopen I could use pink papered Barbie themed with a touch of christmas type paper. frown.gif I am sure that would be a success, or I could go to Santa's house and steal Rudolph. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If you get Greggy that would be acceptable.

Ze-

poke2.gif

No soup for you..

Back of the line.

sumo.gif

Got it?

sumo.gif

hi.gif

Ze-

27_laughing.gif!

Ze-

Luckily for me, he's in Canada.

I'd be afraid of him, he's been good so far not even to acknowledge the fact I exsist on this board.

However if it did happen, I will be sure to give him a torched wonder woman t-shirt, and some burnt up 100 Page DC's. cloud9.gif

...he's been good so far not even to acknowledge the fact I exsist on this board.

There are people on this board that would pay good money to be in your shoes. gossip.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

...he's been good so far not even to acknowledge the fact I exsist on this board.

There are people on this board that would pay good money to be in your shoes. gossip.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif, how much? devil.gifpopcorn.gif

Yeah, I am thinking the same, from what I hear it's like Darrell and SWB sending you a PM every second nonestop 24/7 365. 27_laughing.gif

bumpit.gif

Wanted to update everybody who is waiting to find out who they are getting.

Since making this thread last night I have been flooded with people asking if it was still possible to join up. So we now have around 20 more people to the list!

It took time to get them all up to speed, get their mailing info and add them to the list. So yes I am behind. But I think we have everybody now, so expect your assignment shortly.

news.gifnews.gifnews.gif

I also wanted to let everyone know that CGC is offering a GIFT to everyone who signed up.

Each person can take $5 of an order of $25 or more on their next submission.

Steve said to just mention it when you place your order.

Thanks Steve,(and CGC).. I bet when you first made the offer you had no idea almost 100 people would sign up! And true to your word you stuck to the offer when I asked about it today.

Ze-

Joe, is that you getting .. excited?

Since yesterday was the official cut off date to sign up. 1/2 a day longer is not exactly going to ruin the thing. poke2.gif Besides, we have plenty of people willing to ship overseas, and only a few that actually live overseas who signed up.

So it is all good, besides I wanted to allow as many who wanted in, to get in. Last year I think we all only had a few weeks to get this done. Now we have a month.

But I will risk life and limb, getting paper cuts as I draw names fast and furious..

Ze-