• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Priority mail boxes for CGC'd books?

29 posts in this topic

Do you guys use these when mailing books that you've sold?

Yes, and i believe the box that works best is the 1095, but dont quote me on it.

Arex

Actually, there are two boxes. I'm assuming the 1095 is the slightly larger one. There are two schools of thought: use the bigger box, which allows for a lot of bubble/wrap--or use the smaller box (which is a tighter fit) and then fit within the larger box--the double box method. I'll even use these for international shipments---just get some brown paper and cover up the box.

Putting a 1097 or a 1092 inside of a 1095 is a excellent method. I think it just adds weight, though, so I stick with packing the 1095 well.

I like ot use styrofoam or some other solid stuff at the ends of the 1095. Newspaper or plastic grocery bags can be effective if you really pack them in there - a lot of weight cause they scrunch down alot.

Is it obvious I've shipped over 50 packages in the last 7 days? insane.gif

Even the Flat Rate box is not as large as the 1095… BUT, here's a tip that works in grabbing back that lost top/bottom buffer area. You can add an extra 1/2" to the depth of the box by "scoring the top flaps" by that same measure and bending them higher up. There is still more than sufficient flap area to safely secure the box. I usually run a Priority Tape band around that top area as an extra safety measure.

Brilliant. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Even the Flat Rate box is not as large as the 1095… BUT, here's a tip that works in grabbing back that lost top/bottom buffer area. You can add an extra 1/2" to the depth of the box by "scoring the top flaps" by that same measure and bending them higher up. There is still more than sufficient flap area to safely secure the box. I usually run a Priority Tape band around that top area as an extra safety measure.

Brilliant. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

893whatthe.gifacclaim.gifflowerred.gif

Do you guys use these when mailing books that you've sold?

I used to think that with a priority box my shipments would be ok but check out one of my books I sold. Luckily the comic wasnt damaged. I did give him money to get it reholdered.

http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL684/3815115/7876649/207236151.jpg[/img]]web page p><p>   <a  href=http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL684/3815115/7876649/207236138.jpg' alt='207236138.jpg'>]web page

As for the box damage it's really out of our control as senders. Heck I had truck tire marks on a box that was delivered to me. Packages are going to get ruined, do the best you can to make sure they have a fighting chance and insure them!

There is no excuse for that.I pack my stuff keeping in mind that I will make it impossible to damage it.Literally impossible. 5 inches thick of cardboard all around the book ceiled in ducktape than into the fed ex package.You could play a 4 quarter football game with it and nothing would happen to it.I dont mess with shipping out books incorrectly.