• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS - Marvel Mystery Comics #76 CGC 9.2 OW/W - 2nd Highest Certified Copy

27 posts in this topic

FYI, this specific copy sold for $1,897.50 in August 2005 and I purchased it for a steal at $1,798.93 in August 2006.

So your saying in the open market this book went down in value? tongue.gif

At least on that day it did! wink.gif

Actually I am not surprised because I purchased it through the Mastro auction which was not widely known. That means the competition was not as significant and many of the comic books went for less than they should have. The auction was also, as I recall, at the end of August when most people were away on vacation.

Anyway, once I sell it to someone the open market value will go up back where it should be! yay.gifheadbang.gif

Just ribbing Ya'. Very nice copy and decent payment options! thumbsup2.gif

I know, but it was a fair question/observation. hi.gif

yeah really....all that 893blahblah.gif in the GA forum. you would think someone would step foward poke2.gif

If you're suggesting there isn't enough money floating around in the GA field to snap up every great book within a few days of listing, you're probably right (especially, if its offered here on the Forums...otherwise known as 'Cheapskate Village.')

But I don't think the result would be much different if you put up a FF # 48 in 9.6 or a ASM # 129 in 9.6 with top dollar asking prices.

This isn't the right venue for this book. And like with 80% of golden age, it takes a little time to find the right buyer.

No disagreement from me. These boards do not do well with higher priced items (which oftentimes seems like $100+!) but I wanted to at least offer it to the forum first. I am in no rush. Believe me I don't mind owning it! A buyer will surface eventually.