• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

P.D.A. for comics

30 posts in this topic

Sounds nice, but for the record there are no Walmarts in NYC. smile.gif

However, there has to be one within 95 miles. confused-smiley-013.gif

Never been to one though.

Well NYCs another armpit I haven't been to, and I'm not interested in visiting..., just call me chicken...., and I understand if you don't understand. So let's understand to not understand. Understand????(shrug)

If you're not comfortable and have a phobia about being in cities, that's fine. Doesn't mean they're "armpits", though.

I get worried about thinking of even having to leave the city...ever confused-smiley-013.gif

Like most people in North London I have this dream about having a place in the Cotswolds (scenic country area 75 miles north of London). But I know I'd get cabin fever after a short time if I actually moved there...

Our family was up in the Portland metro area for the State Volleyball finals in early November, and after driving around awhile up there, both my boys said, "Gawd, I'm glad we don't have to live here."

I was made for the city, and never thought I'd ever leave... then we were having our first child. We immediately moved, bought a house in the burbs, and had it all renovated and hardwood floored in time for the little one - I miss the sporting events and entertainment, but there are benefits to having a house and yard too.

Kids change absolutely everything.

Our family was up in the Portland metro area for the State Volleyball finals in early November, and after driving around awhile up there, both my boys said, "Gawd, I'm glad we don't have to live here."

I was made for the city, and never thought I'd ever leave... then we were having our first child. We immediately moved, bought a house in the burbs, and had it all renovated and hardwood floored in time for the little one - I miss the sporting events and entertainment, but there are benefits to having a house and yard too.

Kids change absolutely everything.

I was born in the burbs, moved and worked in NYC for 15 years after college, and now I'm back in a semi-rural area with a big yard for the kids, good schools, wild critters, etc.

When I was in NYC all I could think about was having my own place in the country. Now that I'm there, I miss the energy and $$$ of working in the big city.

The grass is always greener. foreheadslap.gif

Sounds nice, but for the record there are no Walmarts in NYC. smile.gif

Yep, because they arent needed as much

Actually, Walmarts are needed in NYC. Where can middle class folks go to get inexpensive housewares in Manhattan? Oh that's right, middle class folks were priced out of Manhattan about 10 years ago. Now it's masters and the bridge and tunnel servants. wink.gif

Seriously, Wal-marts business model probably wouldn't work in high rent, high tax areas like major cities. Plus they need a lot of square footage per store and it's really tough to come by that in the five boroughs. Frankly, I'm surprised there are Wal-marts on Long Island given the insanely high real estate and lease prices out there.

I am sure that you can get GPAnalysis for PDA's.

I thought GPAnalysis was web-based??

You can access GPAnalysis from a web-enabled PDA by browsing to www.gpanalysis.com/mobile

But you can't just download the whole database onto a PDA to take with you.

Thanks.

Knew it was somewhere.... thumbsup2.gif

Russ...