• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS - First Appearances in Showcase Comics

36 posts in this topic

Each of the books in this thread will have a common theme of being first appearances. In this particular case, more specifically first appearances in DC's Showcase Comics.

The books in this thread are being offered first to Forumites before they go up on either my website, my ebay store or ebay directly. They will be exclusively available here for one week (or unless there is a special ten or twenty cent e-bay posting day, whichever occurs first). Thus, this offer will expire no later than Tuesday, December 12, 2006.

SHIPPING: $5 for a single book via USPS Priority Mail (other services available if desired) to the U.S. or canada. $10 global priority for international. I will gladly combine shipping.

PAYMENT OPTIONS: Paypal, personal check (must clear first), bank check, money order

WE BEGIN!! yay.gif

Showcase #37 (3-4/62), 1st appearance of the Metal Men, nice deep colors, 3/4" spine split lower left cover, 1/2" spine split upper left cover, spine somewhat frayed but totally intact, staples slightly rusty, back cover has 3" crease along lower left corner, last page of the book has a 1" tear on the bottom, VG+, $110

1519330-Showcase37.jpg

any chance of a showcase 22?

Yes, but unfortunately definitely a low grade, though complete, copy.

Cover is separated from the lower staple, still clinging to the top. Defects pretty self-evident. Centerfold is detached. I'm grading it at G-. OS is $348. Our price is $290.

Personally, I've always wanted to own this book. Nice cheap way to get it. Upgrade later!!

1497025-Showcase22.jpg

Showcase #73 (3-4/68), origin & 1st app. The Creeper, Ditko c/a, very sharp, tight, bright copy. Only real wear is visible at staples, lower left corner and slight wrinkle at lower right corner. Slight dust shadow on lower interior cover, VF+, $95

1519384-Showcase73.jpg

i want a showcase 22 -- much more desirable than GL 1 -- but... a little low grade for me. I found one a few years ago and foolishly passed at the time. I won't make that mistake a second time.

No problem. Definitely make sure you don't pass on the next one. I'd like one myself!

Showcase #74 (5/68), Intro/1st app. Anthro. A stunningly beautiful copy. Almost flawless. Too bad it is for Anthro rather than Green Lantern!! BUT, it is a Howie Post c/a. A great example of one of the DC masters. Slightly blunted corners, minor edge wear, lower right cover, VF/NM (some might say NM-), $85

1519406-Showcase74.jpg

Showcase #75 (6/68), Origin/1st app. Hawk & Dove, Ditko c/a, another simply beautiful copy, nearly flawless, dark deep colors, blunted upper left corner, slight abrasion lower left corner, miniscule corner crease upper right, VF/NM (some might say NM-), $140

1519437-Showcase75.jpg

P.S. Some of those smudges, such as to the right of the K in "Hawk" are from my scanner, not the book.

SOLD!!!!!

Does anyone know how to increase the font size?

Showcase #77 (9/68), 1st app. Angel & the Ape, beautiful colors on this cover, corner wear, slight creasing along top spine, upper right cover, abraded lower left corner, small corner crease lower right, two slight 1/6" tears back cover, VF-, $30

1519503-Showcase77.jpg

Showcase #79 (12/68), 1st app. Dolphin, reprint of Aqualad origin, beautiful cover (didn't someone on the boards choose this as their favorite cover in a thread, and wasn't it used for a more modern book?), sweet headlights cover, deep colors, barely noticeable (but it is brought out far more in the scan than in actuality) non-color breaking 3" crease from right side to middle in the bubble region, slight corner wear, VF/NM but because of the crease, F/VF, $25

SOLD

1519534-Showcase79.jpg

Did "Dolphin" every resurface in another story?