• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Silver Surfer 3

24 posts in this topic

Yeah, it's definitely color touched. *@!&*^%$$@@&(*# frustrated.gif

Well, at least I didn't pay very much for it.

Sorry to hear, but not a big surprise. frown.gif

As a rule of thumb, the first area I inspect on a comic is any black area around the perimeter. 8 times out of 10, this is where you will find color touch if any exists.

As a rule of thumb, the first area I inspect on a comic is any black area around the perimeter. 8 times out of 10, this is where you will find color touch if any exists.

Unfortunately, I bought this book many years ago when I wasn't as well versed in things like some *spoon* taking a magic marker and coloring the book. Ah well. live and learn.

Unfortunately, I bought this book many years ago when I wasn't as well versed in things like some *spoon* taking a magic marker and coloring the book. Ah well. live and learn.

Tell me about it...

Every time I go through a box of books I've had for years to rebag or re-grade, I always find a few books with CT or a small glue tear seal I hadn't caught before.

For the first 20 years of my collecting life, small marker touches and/or glue were just that -- small marker touches or glue and I didn't notice or give them a second thought. It's only the past 6 or 7 years that small amateur "fixes" on low or midgrade books have evolved into the dreaded "restoration."