• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out the prices for Superman #1 and Batman #1

23 posts in this topic

what is george olshevsky doing now?

does he still collect at all?

No longer a comic book collector but active on the Grand Comic-Book Database lists.

Still actively interested in dinosaurs and astronomy, but only passively in comic books.

Let's politely say that he's a bit incendiary about politics and leans to the right.

We were informed in a thread earlier this year that George had passed away. confused-smiley-013.gif

I did find a webpage of his.

George Olshevsky

Post Office Box 161015

San Diego, California 92176–1015

Hobbies and Interests:

Polyhedron model-making, dinosaurs, and (of course) geometric figures in the higher-dimensional Euclidean spaces. From the 1960s through the 1980s I collected Marvel Comics and compiled the Official Marvel Comics Index for Marvel. For 14 years I had the world’s only complete collection of Marvel superhero comics that extended all the way back to Marvel’s first comic book, Marvel Comics #1, October-November 1939. Now, however, I’m no longer an active comic-book collector. During the Marvel Index project I produced some 60 fully illustrated books, totaling more than a million and a quarter words—but after 1976 I never did manage to index every single Marvel superhero comic, just the more popular runs.

Indexing sets of things seems to be in my blood: My present “day job” is professionally indexing books of all kinds as a freelancer. My Dinosaur Genera List website is essentially an index to all the dinosaur names, and this Uniform Polychora website you are now visiting is, likewise, an index to all the convex uniform polychora. Just to keep my verbal skills intact, I do each day’s New York Times crossword puzzle. During the early 1990s I served two years as president of the San Diego Stamp Club, but I’m not currently an active stamp collector. (Over the course of some 40 years, I had assembled nearly complete collections of Poland, France, and United States postage and revenue stamps, and filling my want lists just became too expensive! I do keep up my membership in the American Philatelic Society, however, just in case I ever return to stamp collecting.)

And here is another webpage with a short biography.

man what i would give to walk into that store

This is one of the coolest clips I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing!

I believe the location where this was originally shot is on Markham St. (just SW from the intersection of Bloor St and Bathurst St).

The camera view is not as wide to make any definitive determination, but the inside of the store looks a lot like what has since become The Beguiling.