• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: whos it gonna be saturday night......Liddell or Ortiz

110 posts in this topic

I never buy the fights, but it will be interesting to see who is right on this one. For me, I am mixed between the two. If I consider Tito's fight with Griffen, I would say Chuck may be the better of the two. If not fo the last take down, I would give the fight to Griffen. One thing about UFC is anyone can be anyone else on any given day. A lot of fights end from one punch.

Ortiz will win

Although I am a huge Ice Man fan, his last fight showed me he is no longer Top Dog.

Are you serious? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif Are you referring to Liddell beating Sobral's face off in his last fight?

Watch for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrpgwZCnQXQ

sobral never had a chance. but you know chuck isn't in the best of shape anymore while ortiz is in the best shape of his life. you could see chuck get winded after he threw a bunch of punches.

Ground and pound. Thats what Ortiz is going to do to Liddell. Im really sick of Liddell. Everyone who fights him besides Randy C. all try and stand up with him. Not sure if they are trying to show they are good punchers but if you are good on the ground thats where you should take it. If Ortiz does what he did in the last fight which is stand and punch, then yeah its over in the 1st round and Liddell will win. I think Ortiz learned from the last fight that it wont work. He also got a thumb to the eye last time that got him off his game im sure. Ortiz in 2.

Ground and pound. Thats what Ortiz is going to do to Liddell. Im really sick of Liddell. Everyone who fights him besides Randy C. all try and stand up with him. Not sure if they are trying to show they are good punchers but if you are good on the ground thats where you should take it. If Ortiz does what he did in the last fight which is stand and punch, then yeah its over in the 1st round and Liddell will win. I think Ortiz learned from the last fight that it wont work. He also got a thumb to the eye last time that got him off his game im sure. Ortiz in 2.

i think what it is...or part of it anyways is that chuck is real hard to take down in the first place. and their afraid to get close to him for fear or getting housed.

I'm thinking he can take a few shots to the back of the head. Kind of hard to get your best punches in while someone has your legs and is trying to take you down. I done think he's worried about that.

Chuck can knock guys out with glancing blows and is a great sprawler so Ortiz is going to have to bum rush him to have any chance of getting in a clinch and that will likely result in him having to eat some leather. Once a fighter has been knocked out by another guy its messes with your head. Just ask one of the great Pride figthers Sakuraba if he would want another rematch with Vanderlai, probably not. Huge mental advantage to Liddell in this fight and he really hates Ortiz so I'm sure he will be up for this fight. Ortiz whines a lot and is trying to be a nice guy lately so he can get some marquee fights but at the end of the day he will be making excuses for geting beat down yet again.

UFC is lame and if it wasn't for Chuck and the new match ups with the Pride figthers I wouldn't even watch it anymore.

UFC is lame and if it wasn't for Chuck and the new match ups with the Pride figthers I wouldn't even watch it anymore.

shoot, there we're some great fights in 2006. Pierre vs. Hughes. how can you complain about that.