• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: whos it gonna be saturday night......Liddell or Ortiz

110 posts in this topic

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Not a very good night. Tito lost( and went out with CLASS, making NO excuses, even going so far as to say he was on his "A game" and did his best), AA played dirty with that sucker punch, and Forrest acted like a juvenile drama queen after his loss.

what happened in the fight??

It ended by TKO in the 3rd round. Tito got caught early in the first and had a cut over his left eye. By the 3rd, he'd made several attempts to take him down and was swinging hard, trying to soften him up for a takedown, but despite landing a couple of good shots, Chuck was just too strong in the exchange. Tito went down and Chuck proceeded to pound him. He was blocking, but I guess the ref decided he was out of ammo, and called a stop to it with roughtly a minute and a half remaining in the round.

Interestingly enough, they announced the arrival of Quinton "Rampage" Jackson to the UFC, a guy who managed to DISMANTLE Chuck back in his Pride days.

It ended by TKO in the 3rd round. Tito got caught early in the first and had a cut over his left eye. By the 3rd, he'd made several attempts to take him down and was swinging hard, trying to soften him up for a takedown, but despite landing a couple of good shots, Chuck was just too strong in the exchange. Tito went down and Chuck proceeded to pound him. He was blocking, but I guess the ref decided he was out of ammo, and called a stop to it with roughtly a minute and a half remaining.

Interestingly enough, they announced the arrival of Quinton "Rampage" Jackson to the UFC, a guy who managed to DISMANTLE Chuck back in his Pride days.

That was possibly one of the sweetest knockouts I had not expected. The rampage liddel fight I mean.

It ended by TKO in the 3rd round. Tito got caught early in the first and had a cut over his left eye. By the 3rd, he'd made several attempts to take him down and was swinging hard, trying to soften him up for a takedown, but despite landing a couple of good shots, Chuck was just too strong in the exchange. Tito went down and Chuck proceeded to pound him. He was blocking, but I guess the ref decided he was out of ammo, and called a stop to it with roughtly a minute and a half remaining.

That was possibly one of the sweetest knockouts I had not expected. The rampage liddel fight I mean.

Yep, it was a great fight.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vQOGIFFs85E

Unless they can get someone like Fedor no way CroCop will be taken down. The *spoon* kicks are devastating.

His debut and road to the title is going to look very similar to the path Anderson Silva took to the middle weight title..... complete destruction in his debut, and more destruction when he takes the title away from Tim Sylvia. And if he decides to move down to 205, he'll hold both titles. It looks like a "changing of the guard" is in motion.

To me Ortiz looked scared from the minute he walked into the ring. He looks like a completely different fighter when he fights Liddell. He was definitely done after the first round, that cut was pretty bad and he kept favoring it. But to his credit he still put in a real effort to take Liddell down a number of times but Chuck would have nothing of it. You could just feel that after the first round it was just a matter of time before Liddell caught him.

By the way I thought I heard Ortiz slip in an excuse towards the end of his interview something about breaking his foot halfway through the second round after kicking Liddell.

what about GSP kicking Hughes in the gonads twice before winning the title? not saying that's the only reason GSP won, but twice - c'mon! that's a dirty tactic, to get your opponent off their game, plain and simple.

Hey, the second one was an obvious deflection, a legal kick careened off Hughes' arm.

But if GSP proceeds to kick the next 10+ opponents in the groin, then maybe the comparison will be valid. The Eyesman has a loooooooong history of eye-poking, and it's not one isolated incident.

Watch the Jeremy Horn fight - Chuck must have poked him 5+ times, and Horn only conceded because he had literally gone blind.

His debut and road to the title is going to look very similar to the path Anderson Silva took to the middle weight title..... complete destruction in his debut

Yep, and I wonder what poor soul they have lined up for that bloodbath.

His debut and road to the title is going to look very similar to the path Anderson Silva took to the middle weight title..... complete destruction in his debut

Yep, and I wonder what poor soul they have lined up for that bloodbath.

Apparently this guy --> Eddie Sanchez

It's amazing how many people here backed the wrong horse. Nice job. Liddell destroys Ortiz again.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9022596213053321567&q=ufc+66&hl=en

Looking at the fight, Ortiz could've had a really good shot had it gone to the judges. This wasnt' an easy fight for Liddell at all.

Ortiz showed a lot of heart. A lesser fighter would have been out in the first round after that pummeling.

It's amazing how many people here backed the wrong horse. Nice job.

Gimme a break. Had I been betting REAL MONEY, I obviously would have gone with the champ - especially as eye gouging is allowed in the UFC. I despise Liddell and his tactics, but he does win with consistency.

We were simply stating who we WANTED to win, so go back your own horses, farmboy.

I also give credit to Ortiz for showing heart, because Liddell has destroyed many opponents with that type of relentless barrage. Credit to Liddell for not punching himself out in that first round. I was worried that he'd be gassed in the 2nd.

However, there's no way that Ortiz was going to win that fight. Chuck's takedown defense is too good, and Ortiz' standup isn't good enough to beat Chuck.

It will be interesting to see where both fighters go from here.