• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone remember when Cigarette TV commercials were oulawed in '69?

25 posts in this topic

I always remember the anti-smoking one something to the effect..."Like Father Like Son". Show a kid in a car I think copying his das driving,and maybe something else,then the dad grabs a cigarette out of a pack to smoke,and the kid does the same thing. Maybe a late '60's-early '70's commercial. That one and the pollution commercial with the Indian.I've seen the Indian one on You Tube,if anybody knows the "like father like son" please post a link. Thanks! Joey

thanks for link! It's been a loooong time since I've seen that! They need to still be playing that on TV. A spot on the Superbowl would be perfect!

Downright scary if you watch the children towards the end:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyhvHB62ph8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyhvHB62ph8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

confused-smiley-013.gif

Here's one of those drive-ins that just ended on Ebay for $375!

998ZZZAGFA.jpg

REMCO MOVIELAND DRIVE-IN THEATER

Ive been to the real thing

Youve got to be older to remember this but what I loved about the drive ins was not the movies.It was [the rides] intermission between the double features.I spent my childhood at the Smithtown A and W drive in, in Nesconset Long Island.Last movie i saw there was the premiere of Night of the Living dead..1968. summer

Yep, and in 20-30 years, our kids will probably be laughing at all the beer and liquor commericals and sponsorships.

"You mean they actually had an NFL Bud Bowl.. with bottles of beer playing football?" 893whatthe.gif

No way. It will only head in the other direction. Our society is swirling down into a state of non-judgemental moral relativism. Soon, the only thing that will be "wrong" will be judging others... everything else will be simply an "alternative choice." In 20-30 years they will have kids booting up and hard-core money shots on prime time TV.