• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade . . . Part 2

39 posts in this topic

okay so then it would have to be a 9.2. If that is the case I want you to send in all of my books.

Thank you

It's really got nothing to do with who sends the book in. You simply can't accurately grade a book from a scan. Many people like larger scans, but lack the skills to "read" them correctly. Larger scans always work to your disadvantage. sumo.gif

In all seriousness, one thing I've learned from my JLA 61 thread is that very fine creases on a black cover are wildly accentuated in a scan. It's kinda like taking a photo of a reflective strip in the road - the flash makes the reflective strip look much bigger and brighter than it is.

I presume the same holds true for the spine and corner creases on your book.

Exactly Zip! A scanner does nothing more than shine an ultrabright light against the black cover, exagerating the defects above the norm. While better than a digital photo (which tend to exagerate gloss) they are often a bit too harsh.

aa11.jpg

Thats 8 marks I found.

If they used their magnifying glass or microscope like they were supposed to it would never achieve more than a 7.5. Just on those alone. tongue.gifpoke2.gif

Please give me advance notice of when you plan on selling some of your 7.5's in the marketplace insane.gif

stooges.gif

aa11.jpg

Thats 8 marks I found.

If they used their magnifying glass or microscope like they were supposed to it would never achieve more than a 7.5. Just on those alone. tongue.gifpoke2.gif

Please give me advance notice of when you plan on selling some of your 7.5's in the marketplace insane.gif

stooges.gif

Now go and grade my Bat 242. if this is a 9.0 then I have a 9.6. makepoint.gifyay.gif

My guess before scrolling down was 8.5, but I couldn't imagine Divad sending in a book expecting that and shure enuff, 'twas higher. Not because of gift grades, just because he's sharp as a tack. Clear as milk? Or a clear spot?

My guess before scrolling down was 8.5, but I couldn't imagine Divad sending in a book expecting that and shure enuff, 'twas higher. Not because of gift grades, just because he's sharp as a tack. Clear as milk? Or a clear spot?

27_laughing.gif We're all shooting for 9.4's or better, but on a money book . . . I still would have done well with an 8.5 but, it was a beyootiful book! sumo.gif