• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronze Age Thanos Appreciation Thread

139 posts in this topic

You know, I never really did like the cover to Thanos Quest 2. But I always thought the cover to Thanos Quest 1 was probably the best Thanos drawing until recently.

Which would now have to be this IMHO (again not Bronze):

ANNIHI005_cov.jpg

That's exactly what I was thinking. If I went head to head with Thanos looking like that I'd probably *spoon* a brick before the fight even started.

His brother starfox got all the looks and the charm...and Thanos...he got those adorable little ears....

Chris

Where is the picture from??

That looks like a cover from one of the Annihilation books.

That looks like Del'Otto's painting to me.

Chris

wait..found a Scan...Annihilation #4

04035278662.4.GIF

Ah, if you think Thanos Quest is "drek", that says a lot about your taste right there. 27_laughing.gif

not really. i'm just sticking to the idioms you've established is all

Chris

04035278662.4.GIF

Didn't realize Thanos' knuckles scrapped the ground when he walked... insane.gif

Jim

I am not really familiar with Spidey Super Stories. Are these reprints or original content?

Spidey Super Stories tend to be more simplistic versions of Spidey tales. I'm not familiar with the entire line but I believe some of them are based on some classic Spidey stories with new art but simplified. There may be some totally original stuff as well but I'm not sure.

Chris

04035278662.4.GIF

Didn't realize Thanos' knuckles scrapped the ground when he walked... insane.gif

Jim

Well unless the guy standing in front of him is a double amputee cut off at the thigh and is challenging Thanos while hopping on his stumps..Thanos' knuckles come to the middle of his legs...where you'd expect 'em to... thumbsup2.gif

C

Well unless the guy standing in front of him is a double amputee cut off at the thigh and is challenging Thanos while hopping on his stumps..Thanos' knuckles come to the middle of his legs...where you'd expect 'em to... thumbsup2.gif

Actually Jim's right. The green guy is much shorter than Thanos, and assuming they're both standing on the same plane, then Thanos's legs are virtual stumps.

Just for fun, mentally draw the short green guy's legs below the cover, then figure out where Thanos' feet would end. Then compare his leg length vs. his arm length. Holy Stumpy Ape-man!! 893whatthe.gif

Actually Jim's right. The green guy is much shorter than Thanos, and assuming they're both standing on the same plane, then Thanos's legs are virtual stumps.

Just for fun, mentally draw the short green guy's legs below the cover, then figure out where Thanos' feet would end. Then compare his leg length vs. his arm length. Holy Stumpy Ape-man!! 893whatthe.gif

With ears totally out of proportion. No wonder he wore than Helmet/headpiece all these years....

C

Okay, I just did some quick measurements, and not taking even taking into account that Drax is closer to the viewer, if Thanos is at his stated 6' 7", then in that pic, Drax would be somewhere around 4' 8". 27_laughing.gif Taking perspective into account, and bringing Thanos in line with Drax, maybe 4' 3". 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I believe Drax is officially 6' 5", but has been shown to be equivalent to Thanos in height during the BA.

The green guy is Drax The Destroyer.

Okay, so when did Drax shrink to 1/3 his size and/or Thanos grow so much? That pic is just stupid.

Or is the artist just on crack.

the rest of the picture Marvel didn't want you to see (sorry, you try drawing with a mouse sometime and tell me how it comes out for you);

040352786624cz2.gif