• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are posts counts important to you?
1 1

88,978 posts in this topic

I actually have theory why spacemen wear helmets.

Just think about how many farts have been done since the dawn of time. Millions. Hundreds of millions. Thousands of millions. Probably millions of millions. And farts only smell for a few minutes (although there are exceptions), so where does the smell go?

Well methane's lighter than air right? So yep, the smells go up. That's billions of smells going up into the sky. So space ing stinks. And that's why spacemen where helmets (thumbs u

Just think about how many farts have been done since the dawn of time. Millions. Hundreds of millions. Thousands of millions. Probably millions of millions. And farts only smell for a few minutes (although there are exceptions), so where does the smell go?

Well methane's lighter than air right? So yep, the smells go up. That's billions of smells going up into the sky. So space ing stinks. And that's why spacemen where helmets (thumbs u

doh! You've been drinking today huh Gav?

Still glugging away :grin:

Seriously though I thought of that while I was at work a while ago. Like who the thought of cheese?? 'Oh, I'll leave this milk here for like, ages, then eat it'.

Go one further, who thought of milk??? 'Oh, I'll pull this cows tit then drink it.'

:eek:

DSC01190.JPG

Seriously though I thought of that while I was at work a while ago. Like who the thought of cheese?? 'Oh, I'll leave this milk here for like, ages, then eat it'.

Go one further, who thought of milk??? 'Oh, I'll pull this cows tit then drink it.'

From what I have read, many moons ago travelers put milk in animal stomachs. While traveling on horse or camels the raw milk jostled around in the stomach. After a while the enzymes left in the stomach separated the curds from the whey. And you have a fresh cheese. Funny we're talking about this as I just used a half of a gallon of old milk a made some fresh herb cheese not more than two hours ago. :grin:

PS

I'm glugging away as well (thumbs u

DSC01190.JPG

lol Crazy eyes!!

Edited by Mr.Diggler

From what I have read, many moons ago travelers put milk in animal stomachs. While traveling on horse or camels the raw milk jostled around in the stomach. After a while the enzymes left in the stomach separated the curds from the whey. And you have a fresh cheese. Funny we're talking about this as I just used a half of a gallon of old milk a made some fresh herb cheese not more than two hours ago. :grin:

We're on too much of the same wave length. I love cheese :cloud9:

PS

I'm glugging away as well (thumbs u

Photo evidence :sumo:

Can't help you on who thought to drink milk first, but cheese is believed to have been invented/discovered by accident. The story goes that a roaming nomad had placed some goat's milk in what was used to store liquids back then - a skin, literally. This skin happened to be made from the stomach of an animal, and the natural enzymes (such as rennet) inside the lining of the stomach, combined with the heat of the day and the motion from traveling caused the contents to curdle. The nomad had quite surprise when he went to get a drink later and found himself with a mouthful of gloppy, slightly soured curds. Surprisngly, it didn't taste bad, and thus, cheese was born!

-slym (knows wayyy to much useless information)

Not useless, that's bugged the *spoon* out of me for years!