• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are posts counts important to you?
1 1

88,978 posts in this topic

But I heard you were the middle car on the Gav train?

You should really keep your fantasies to yourself.

My fantasies would not include the likes of a couple dudes from the UK.

Just Batman & Robin hm

What? You just really dont know me.. If you knew WHY I collect Tecs that may change..

You know I'm just joshing with you right?

But I heard you were the middle car on the Gav train?

You should really keep your fantasies to yourself.

My fantasies would not include the likes of a couple dudes from the UK.

Just Batman & Robin hm

What? You just really dont know me.. If you knew WHY I collect Tecs that may change..

Why?

I am not Josh..

I know you are kidding. But I am not some huge Batman fan. It is just a run I focused on to keep the ADHD at bay. I was always a Marvel guy until about 2 years ago.

Tell me all.

I like both Marvel & DC, plus numerous others.

Just can't stop collecting. I blame the wife for convincing me to buy a house because before that I had no room to store a collection and had been out of the hobby for 15 years doh!

Ok. So here are the details of why I collect Tecs. I am more into cover art and history of comics than I am favorite charcters. I love GA books alot, but mainly DC. So I got to looking more and more at all these great runs, and decided I needed one title that could really keep me busy. Not just busy, but a truly difficult goal. I have already collected X-Men, Avengers, and ASM so needed a bigger challenge.

Cue Arex Crook. He posted all of these great detective covers, and I loved the art! So we have every single thing that would meet my criteria. Great covers, great story lines, plenty of keys, a character who spans from the GA to MA with no breaks, and amazing history within the character. So i decided this (I like even amounts) to collect all Detective between 50-850 CGC'd. This was a little over 1 year ago, and while I have lost a few auctions I have been rather solid. I currently have 106 slabs, and another 100-200 raw books waiting to be slabbed.

Here is my personal criteria for the books. With no books allowed with tan pages or below.

50-100 CGC 3.5-6.0

100-200 CGC 3.5-8.0

200-300 CGC 6.0-9.0

300-400 CGC 8.5-9.4

400-500 CGC 9.0-9.8

500-600 9.6 or better

600-850 9.8 or better.

I will allow point drops for a few reasons. Key issue, scarcity, or pedigree status.

This year my 600-850 took first in the registry.

My 501-600 took second place being 64 points behind Manny.

And my other sets are almost all top ten or better.

Ok. So here are the details of why I collect Tecs. I am more into cover art and history of comics than I am favorite charcters. I love GA books alot, but mainly DC. So I got to looking more and more at all these great runs, and decided I needed one title that could really keep me busy. Not just busy, but a truly difficult goal. I have already collected X-Men, Avengers, and ASM so needed a bigger challenge.

Cue Arex Crook. He posted all of these great detective covers, and I loved the art! So we have every single thing that would meet my criteria. Great covers, great story lines, plenty of keys, a character who spans from the GA to MA with no breaks, and amazing history within the character. So i decided this (I like even amounts) to collect all Detective between 50-850 CGC'd. This was a little over 1 year ago, and while I have lost a few auctions I have been rather solid. I currently have 106 slabs, and another 100-200 raw books waiting to be slabbed.

Here is my personal criteria for the books. With no books allowed with tan pages or below.

50-100 CGC 3.5-6.0

100-200 CGC 3.5-8.0

200-300 CGC 6.0-9.0

300-400 CGC 8.5-9.4

400-500 CGC 9.0-9.8

500-600 9.6 or better

600-850 9.8 or better.

I will allow point drops for a few reasons. Key issue, scarcity, or pedigree status.

This year my 600-850 took first in the registry.

My 501-600 took second place being 64 points behind Manny.

And my other sets are almost all top ten or better.

:golfclap:

Thanks for that Pat.

So, which books do you need?