• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are posts counts important to you?
1 1

88,978 posts in this topic

really...where is here?

That's relative.

yes, which only supports my theory that there is no such thing as an absolute truth. All perspectives are relative including experiences which we use to determine "truth". There are of course, facts, but these to are relative.

Richard Bach.....Illusions.....the book that shaped my senior year in high school.....

that and Karen.....

really...where is here?

That's relative.

yes, which only supports my theory that there is no such thing as an absolute truth. All perspectives are relative including experiences which we use to determine "truth". There are of course, facts, but these to are relative.

Richard Bach.....Illusions.....the book that shaped my senior year in high school.....

that and Karen.....

I'm not going to disagree with you as long as we're talking about human perception.

:shy:

There are absolutes. I just believe that we have trouble recognizing them.

• Administrator

lol not quite yet!

That's cool! What kind of classes (if you know)? I am trying to squeeze any belly dance opportunities into my travel, but it's not always possible...(though not sure when I will make it that far, it's been a long time)

really...where is here?

That's relative.

that and Karen.....

I'm not going to disagree with you as long as we're talking about human perception.

Yes, human perception. Our brains and ability are limited by our language and ability to conceptualize and define an image or concept. And I use "language" as the extension of description. If we were capable of removing the limitations inherant in our carbon vessels, we would be able to distinguish between absolute truth and mere relativity of A to B while the system moves in C all the while a person viewing from inside C and one outside of C.

I compare it to Newtonian physics. Science long felt that these were absolutes and ultimate truths even produced that Law, only to find out that they only really apply in cases of larger than molecular levels, much larger; relative in fact.

But truth be told, I like belly dancing.....viewed from A or C, live or taped.

really...where is here?

That's relative.

that and Karen.....

Yes, human perception. Our brains and ability are limited by our language and ability to conceptualize and define an image or concept. And I use "language" as the extension of description. If we were capable of removing the limitations inherant in our carbon vessels, we would be able to distinguish between absolute truth and mere relativity of A to B while the system moves in C all the while a person viewing from inside C and one outside of C.

I compare it to Newtonian physics. Science long felt that these were absolutes and ultimate truths even produced that Law, only to find out that they only really apply in cases of larger than molecular levels, much larger; relative in fact.

But truth be told, I like belly dancing.....viewed from A or C, live or taped.

I think it's safe to say that belly dancing is good.

Truth.