• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are posts counts important to you?
1 1

88,978 posts in this topic

Does the number of posts counts really matter to some people? No offence, just wondering cuz I've seen some members with large numbers .

awesome thread, I was wondering the same thing? Another thing I was wondering is: I read on a thread that members prior to '03 receive a greater amount of respect than "newbies." Was '03 an important year for this thread, or did that person pick it (as he/she was a member since then)?

i understand you have to earn respect within any community you are involved with (there should be no difference in a forum such as this), but some of the dialogue I am referring to was a little much (on both ends, from the harassing newbie, to the older member)...

just a little curious...

Does the number of posts counts really matter to some people? No offence, just wondering cuz I've seen some members with large numbers .

awesome thread, I was wondering the same thing? Another thing I was wondering is: I read on a thread that members prior to '03 receive a greater amount of respect than "newbies." Was '03 an important year for this thread, or did that person pick it (as he/she was a member since then)?

i understand you have to earn respect within any community you are involved with (there should be no difference in a forum such as this), but some of the dialogue I am referring to was a little much (on both ends, from the harassing newbie, to the older member)...

just a little curious...

There are a handful of people who are toolboxes. They have little chance of hiding their affectations and eventually they reveal themselves, as obnoxious, know it all bullies, who think because they have 7 or 8 years of being a douchenozzle, they are in any way superior. I am not excluding myself from being a toolbox mind you :lol:

You can usually smell these peckerslappers (fingh 2011) out quickly, as they will do the following things:

1. Immediately accuse you of being a shill.

2. Talk about the low quality of noobs.

3. Mock you for bringing up a topic that was once discussed anytime in the last decade.

4. Mock you for not using an archaic search function that would confound Bill Gates.

5. Completely ignore your valid post, directed at them.

6. Not appreciate your lists.

7. Talk about the good ol days of yesteryear, as if it wasn't the same homoerotic, angry, bitter, pent up, mean mess that will always be Internet forums.

8. Constantly act as if there is a loop that you're not in.

9. Gang up on you, in defense of their girlfriend.

10. See 1-9

What I've learned is that there are way more good people on these boards than bad. Everyone needs a thick skin, but there are some who are azzholes for the sake of being azzholes. Remember those members and keep your interaction with them to a minimum, and you'll have a great time. (thumbs u

WTTB!

just a little curious...

There are a handful of people who are toolboxes. They have little chance of hiding their affectations and eventually they reveal themselves, as obnoxious, know it all bullies, who think because they have 7 or 8 years of being a douchenozzle, they are in any way superior. I am not excluding myself from being a toolbox mind you :lol:

You can usually smell these peckerslappers (fingh 2011) out quickly, as they will do the following things:

1. Immediately accuse you of being a shill.

2. Talk about the low quality of noobs.

3. Mock you for bringing up a topic that was once discussed anytime in the last decade.

4. Mock you for not using an archaic search function that would confound Bill Gates.

5. Completely ignore your valid post, directed at them.

6. Not appreciate your lists.

7. Talk about the good ol days of yesteryear, as if it wasn't the same homoerotic, angry, bitter, pent up, mean mess that will always be Internet forums.

8. Constantly act as if there is a loop that you're not in.

9. Gang up on you, in defense of their girlfriend.

10. See 1-9

What I've learned is that there are way more good people on these boards than bad. Everyone needs a thick skin, but there are some who are azzholes for the sake of being azzholes. Remember those members and keep your interaction with them to a minimum, and you'll have a great time. (thumbs u

WTTB!

:applause: amazing and thanks for that - nothing more needs to be said! lol

i dunno...I just post around and get artsy and and annoying

and stuff...have a good time,buy buy buy,

don't let anyone ruin your cuppa tea...

if they do,pee in theirs!

pefect approach!

best comment from a boardie yet, via PM goes to porcupine48 - in essence has a book from most of the states in the US (I think it was almost 40), some provinces, and a couple from Europe in his collection!

That's cool mess, man! I now wish I kept track - haha