• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are posts counts important to you?
1 1

88,978 posts in this topic

Does the number of posts counts really matter to some people? No offence, just wondering cuz I've seen some members with large numbers .

awesome thread, I was wondering the same thing? Another thing I was wondering is: I read on a thread that members prior to '03 receive a greater amount of respect than "newbies." Was '03 an important year for this thread, or did that person pick it (as he/she was a member since then)?

i understand you have to earn respect within any community you are involved with (there should be no difference in a forum such as this), but some of the dialogue I am referring to was a little much (on both ends, from the harassing newbie, to the older member)...

just a little curious...

There are a handful of people who are toolboxes. They have little chance of hiding their affectations and eventually they reveal themselves, as obnoxious, know it all bullies, who think because they have 7 or 8 years of being a douchenozzle, they are in any way superior. I am not excluding myself from being a toolbox mind you :lol:

You can usually smell these peckerslappers (fingh 2011) out quickly, as they will do the following things:

1. Immediately accuse you of being a shill.

2. Talk about the low quality of noobs.

3. Mock you for bringing up a topic that was once discussed anytime in the last decade.

4. Mock you for not using an archaic search function that would confound Bill Gates.

5. Completely ignore your valid post, directed at them.

6. Not appreciate your lists.

7. Talk about the good ol days of yesteryear, as if it wasn't the same homoerotic, angry, bitter, pent up, mean mess that will always be Internet forums.

8. Constantly act as if there is a loop that you're not in.

9. Gang up on you, in defense of their girlfriend.

10. See 1-9

What I've learned is that there are way more good people on these boards than bad. Everyone needs a thick skin, but there are some who are azzholes for the sake of being azzholes. Remember those members and keep your interaction with them to a minimum, and you'll have a great time. (thumbs u

WTTB!

:applause: amazing and thanks for that - nothing more needs to be said! lol

Mikenyc is the top of this year's freshman class.

Hey Mike, do you drink?

Does the number of posts counts really matter to some people? No offence, just wondering cuz I've seen some members with large numbers .

awesome thread, I was wondering the same thing? Another thing I was wondering is: I read on a thread that members prior to '03 receive a greater amount of respect than "newbies." Was '03 an important year for this thread, or did that person pick it (as he/she was a member since then)?

i understand you have to earn respect within any community you are involved with (there should be no difference in a forum such as this), but some of the dialogue I am referring to was a little much (on both ends, from the harassing newbie, to the older member)...

just a little curious...

There are a handful of people who are toolboxes. They have little chance of hiding their affectations and eventually they reveal themselves, as obnoxious, know it all bullies, who think because they have 7 or 8 years of being a douchenozzle, they are in any way superior. I am not excluding myself from being a toolbox mind you :lol:

You can usually smell these peckerslappers (fingh 2011) out quickly, as they will do the following things:

3. Mock you for bringing up a topic that was once discussed anytime in the last decade.

4. Mock you for not using an archaic search function that would confound Bill Gates.

7. Talk about the good ol days of yesteryear, as if it wasn't the same homoerotic, angry, bitter, pent up, mean mess that will always be Internet forums.

10. See 1-9

What I've learned is that there are way more good people on these boards than bad. Everyone needs a thick skin, but there are some who are azzholes for the sake of being azzholes. Remember those members and keep your interaction with them to a minimum, and you'll have a great time. (thumbs u

WTTB!

Hey Mike, do you drink?

Thanks Tupp.

Yes I have three categories, getting the job done, socially, socially with non core friends.

Socially with non core friends will be client lunches or dinner, or any other time I'm expected to remain a semi human being. That is religiously Kettle One and tonic.

Socially is getting drunk, but in a semi respectable fashion. This will involve usually strictly beer, Heineken, Blue Point, Bass, Black and Tan ( Smithwicks and Guiness) etc.

Getting the job done, my favorite yet most elusive, will involve Bud Light cans and Jack Daniels. This is the violent self destructive level of drinking when clever banter or manners is irrelevant. This can be the most fun type, but has been limited to a couple times in the past few years since I have become a father.

There is a fourth type which involves Italian wine, either Brunello di Montalcino or a good Barolo, but after my daughter I can't justify to myself spending that type of money on a bottle of wine.

:blahblah:

I don't know how the cliques run round these parts but if anyone is coming for NYCC and wants to throw down, I'm always game. None of these Apple Martinis Jimmers! :baiting:

..but they are so yummers :/

I was thinking hard cider 7% or a heavy ale...

Under 7% is light refreshment for me.. :blush:

no rye or scotch though..my pants come off and

fists fly and bums fly!! lol

Oh boy,it would be great spending the next day hungover and

looking at/reading comics.I am scared of American prison though

...I hear some gnarly stuff happens....Maybe we should do it in Canada

one day?Syracuse or Watertown are what,nearly half way!Only two

hours as the porcupine roams!

I don't know how the cliques run round these parts but if anyone is coming for NYCC and wants to throw down, I'm always game. None of these Apple Martinis Jimmers! :baiting:

..but they are so yummers :/

I was thinking hard cider 7% or a heavy ale...

Under 7% is light refreshment for me.. :blush:

no rye or scotch though..my pants come off and

fists fly and bums fly!! lol

Oh boy,it would be great spending the next day hungover and

looking at/reading comics.I am scared of American prison though

...I hear some gnarly stuff happens....Maybe we should do it in Canada

one day?Syracuse or Watertown are what,nearly half way!Only two

hours as the porcupine roams!

They are more gentle on your bum in Canadian prison? :lol:

just a little curious...

10. See 1-9

WTTB!

Hey Mike, do you drink?

Thanks Tupp.

Yes I have three categories, getting the job done, socially, socially with non core friends.

Socially with non core friends will be client lunches or dinner, or any other time I'm expected to remain a semi human being. That is religiously Kettle One and tonic.

Socially is getting drunk, but in a semi respectable fashion. This will involve usually strictly beer, Heineken, Blue Point, Bass, Black and Tan ( Smithwicks and Guiness) etc.

Getting the job done, my favorite yet most elusive, will involve Bud Light cans and Jack Daniels. This is the violent self destructive level of drinking when clever banter or manners is irrelevant. This can be the most fun type, but has been limited to a couple times in the past few years since I have become a father.

There is a fourth type which involves Italian wine, either Brunello di Montalcino or a good Barolo, but after my daughter I can't justify to myself spending that type of money on a bottle of wine.

:blahblah:

kettle one and tonic - mmmm - that's my drink - but i'm liking the kettle one lemon these days!