• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are posts counts important to you?
1 1

88,978 posts in this topic

I'm not pleased to see Jeffro & Mikenyc having a spat.

Please exchange some PM's. Maybe phone numbers. All will be better then.

I'm not pleased to see Jeffro & Mikenyc having a spat.

Please exchange some PM's. Maybe phone numbers. All will be better then.

In all honesty, no spat, from either side. :foryou:

He is making a completely valid point, that I just slightly disagree with. I know I'm being hypocritical but, IMHO, there are throw away members, I myself may be included in those for some people. :sorry:

We all know why you guys are having this discussion.

Look, Jeffro is correct but only to a degree.

To wit, Tupenny is a goofy character I've created for the Boards but I am still Tupenny. I control everything Tupenny says.

I am fully responsible for every act I make in life, for all the consequences of my actions, including but not limited to every word I say, every word I type.

I am Tupenny, damnit!

I don't care what anyone says, there are particular people on these boards who get off on bullying others.

I agree that some people go looking for trouble. People like Pirate and Kevin76 are just worthless trolls, but hey, maybe they're all warm and fuzzy in real life right? :eyeroll: And I will admit that sometimes we give n00bs too much of a hazing. However, in some cases it's deserved.

To wit, Tupenny is a goofy character I've created for the Boards but I am still Tupenny. I control everything Tupenny says.

I am fully responsible for every act I make in life, for all the consequences of my actions, including but not limited to every word I say, every word I type.

I am Tupenny, damnit!

Do you speak of yourself in the third person?

I am Tupenny, damnit!

Trust me, I am not advocating irresponsibility. I am not suggesting we give anyone a pass to say whatever they want without repurcussion. All I'm saying is that you can't judge the worth of a person based on their internet persona. Because if you take the time to dig a little deeper, you most often will find a different person underneath.

I am Tupenny, damnit!

No, then he'd be Cal.

You can never know anyone from a message board. You can identify characteristics humor, outrage, argumentativeness etc.but when you try to extrapolate who someone is from those characteristics, you will be wrong, particularly if you try to do so from their most unsavory characteristics.

People are complex, and this medium is very limited in its ability to convey the complexities of the human condition. Everyone should be very circumspect about making any types of real judgments, whether for the good or for the ill, for those very reasons. The fact remains, however, that if someone is getting under your skin, wearing down your last nerve, and causing you to focus on things other than fun and comics, you should ignore them. For your well-being, theirs and for the Boards.

I am Tupenny, damnit!

No, then he'd be Cal.

Tupenny is not Cal. Check.

I am Tupenny, damnit!

Trust me, I am not advocating irresponsibility. I am not suggesting we give anyone a pass to say whatever they want without repurcussion. All I'm saying is that you can't judge the worth of a person based on their internet persona. Because if you take the time to dig a little deeper, you most often will find a different person underneath.

Some people here even equate one's avatar with actually being "that" avatar.

You can never know anyone from a message board. You can identify characteristics humor, outrage, argumentativeness etc.but when you try to extrapolate who someone is from those characteristics, you will be wrong, particularly if you try to do so from their most unsavory characteristics.

People are complex, and this medium is very limited in its ability to convey the complexities of the human condition. Everyone should be very circumspect about making any types of real judgments, whether for the good or for the ill, for those very reasons. The fact remains, however, that if someone is getting under your skin, wearing down your last nerve, and causing you to focus on things other than fun and comics, you should ignore them. For your well-being, theirs and for the Boards.

You are correct, of course. Just as Jeffro is correct.

However, so am I.

You are correct, of course. Just as Jeffro is correct.

However, so am I.

We're all correct? :ohnoez:

Some people here even equate one's avatar with actually being "that" avatar.

That's why I changed mine to what it is.

Mine is well placed.......too many Founding Fathers' so I chose their defender.

I'd follow my advice. If that advice leads you to placing me on ignore then so be it. I am 100% on the money. Please remember, if it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, and shats like a duck, it's a mutha plugging duck.

Amazing that some people can divine the totality of an individual's worth by what they post on a message board.

It's real easy to make such determinations based on how the person presents themself on the boards. It's a trap we all fall into at one time or another. After all, for many of us who will never meet and have a chance to know each other, that's all we know about a person. What's more douchey, being an individual_without_enough_empathy on a message board, or forming an opinion about someone based solely on them being an individual_without_enough_empathy on a message board. I'm thinking they are equally as douchey.

Jeffro is right, I openly admit I am a douchenozzle of the highest order. :grin: The difference is, malice. Maybe malice is too strong a word, so let's say negative intent. I come on here for fun, yes some people get pleasure from constantly being at odds, and needing to always make themselves feel better by correcting and or berating others, but the spirit of my posts are never mean or hurtful.

I don't care what anyone says, there are particular people on these boards who get off on bullying others. It's not about thick skin or rolling with the punches, as these azzholes never change their tune. They are so boorish that they need a never ending supply of new members to bother, because anyone here for more than a few months ultimately stops feeding into their sad behavior.

Are there anomalies to the rule, absolutely, but from my short experience those are few and far between.

Fingh has always been a nice guy to me, ball buster supreme, but never to embarrass or make me feel stupid, and he gave the best, albeit obvious, advice. Use the ignore feature. I know I'm on some people's list from my big mouth, but thats ok. I would use a three thread rule, after someone on you in three different threads, pop them on the list. These are people who you would never ever associate with in the real world, and also the people that wouldn't dare open their mouths to you, if you were standing face to face.

I disagree completely. I would never put someone on ignore. I would much rather put them on my watch list, so I can remember them when I meet them in person.

:roflmao: