• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are posts counts important to you?
1 1

88,978 posts in this topic

They should have Jaz Coleman on.

Indeed. He'd be way more splenetic than Lydon, who was generally good-humoured throughout. He even smiled when another (particularly smug) panellist told him not to interrupt.

I've seen on Coleman on a Jeremy Paxman show once years ago, that was funny.

Doesn't seem to be on YT. :cry:

I'm sure it was something to do when he was made resident composer of New Zealand.

This is what makes me laugh about the music industry, I believe Killing Joke to be one of the most creative and original bands that has ever come out of Britain, the list of bands who have cited them as an influence is huge.

Yet they play 2nd fiddle to lesser bands on tours.

Coleman was a violinist and has composed music for orchestras, not many guitarists can be compared to Geordies unique playing style and Youth has been a hugely successful producer.

Yet what credit do they ever get in music publications.

rantrant

Killing Joke have always been a band I've liked...got just about everything they've done.

Their music just isn't that accessible, so they have to support more radio-friendly acts. Jimmy Page is a massive fan of KJ, for what it's worth.

Saw these fine gents a couple of times in the late '80s. They had the scariest looking following. Tats, shaven heads or mohawks, piercings, scowls, drunken lairiness. And that was just the girls. lol

I believe in justice, I believe in vengeance....

Saw these fine gents a couple of times in the late '80s. They had the scariest looking following. Tats, shaven heads or mohawks, piercings, scowls, drunken lairiness. And that was just the girls. lol

You ever see Bauhaus Andy?

Certainly, in the early 80s. Murphy and co. were an excellent live act.

They should have Jaz Coleman on.

Indeed. He'd be way more splenetic than Lydon, who was generally good-humoured throughout. He even smiled when another (particularly smug) panellist told him not to interrupt.

I've seen on Coleman on a Jeremy Paxman show once years ago, that was funny.

Doesn't seem to be on YT. :cry:

I'm sure it was something to do when he was made resident composer of New Zealand.

This is what makes me laugh about the music industry, I believe Killing Joke to be one of the most creative and original bands that has ever come out of Britain, the list of bands who have cited them as an influence is huge.

Yet they play 2nd fiddle to lesser bands on tours.

Coleman was a violinist and has composed music for orchestras, not many guitarists can be compared to Geordies unique playing style and Youth has been a hugely successful producer.

Yet what credit do they ever get in music publications.

rantrant

Smash Hits always loved them.

My brother is 16 years older then me so he always influenced my musical taste. Think of an 10 year old being driven around by his brother listening to Killing Jokes "Night Time" album.

Had the chance to see Bauhaus in Berlin in '99, decided not to as I felt they were "too much" my brothers era, along with Siouxsie and the Banshees, Sisters of Mercy and the like.

Its funny as I broke out onto discovering my own music with Metallica & Pantera, more a metal head then my brother. But its funny how it worked the other way around and he got into Metallica as well. Saw them twice in '99, had to go to Dublin & Berlin lol

Had the chance to see Bauhaus in Berlin in '99, decided not to as I felt they were "too much" my brothers era, along with Siouxsie and the Banshees, Sisters of Mercy and the like.

Sounds like your bro is about my age...

Out of all those bands from the gothic / post-punk era, I like and still listen to the Sisters and KJ the most.

Never listen to the Bunnymen anymore, even though they were huge back in the day. Used to be a big fan of the Birthday Party, but not so much these days. Still listen to Bauhaus every so often....

(worship)

Seen the Smiths?

(worship)

Seen the Smiths?

Twice, once at the Albert Hall (which was half-empty, believe it or not) after they had released Meat Is Murder, the other a free open air gig outside County Hall on the South Bank which was a GLC benefit concert. That was after The Queen Is Dead and not too long before Strangeways. (1986).

Out of all those bands from the gothic / post-punk era, I like and still listen to the Sisters and KJ the most.

Never listen to the Bunnymen anymore, even though they were huge back in the day. Used to be a big fan of the Birthday Party, but not so much these days. Still listen to Bauhaus every so often....

He's 48.... are you that old? :whistle:

(worship)

Seen the Smiths?

Many times.

He's 48.... are you that old? :whistle:

Yes, that's my age. :cry: